Is it possible to return to a club as manager?

I am currently doing a my own challenge to win the champions league tournament on every continent. I went to Real Madrid after winning competitions with Auckland City, Club America and Wellington Phoenix. Obviously it was not hard to win the European champions league so after I won I resigned and moved onto to Velez in Argentina. I know that when you leave a club you get put on the disliked people list, I would however like to return to Madrid if I can win the Libertadores as a stop gap until a decent job comes up in Egypt. So is it possible to return in the future?

Well i know after i was sacked from my last team that the option was there to apply for the job again but if i would have gotten it back is another story.

Didnt want to so never tried it.

If you re-apply after being sacked or leaving they reject you, pretty sure that is the purpose of putting you on the disliked people.

It would seem very stupid to me if you couldn't return some time in the future. Real Madrid had not won their league for 4 years before I joined and had never won the champions league, I won everything there and then left. Surely in 8 years time if the job was free again they would consider me for it.

I've gone back to clubs I've left for a better club and I've even gone back to clubs who have sacked me! But I've never managed to gte back to a club I resigned from (which seems kind of backwards). I haven't tried all that much though.

i really think this should be removed from future version if you retire u are insatntly disliked thats crazy even if u win 10 league titles in a row and 7 champions leagues u are disliked that wouldnt ever happen in real life

i really think this should be removed from future version

Agreed :thup:

I can understand there's a period of time during which you may be considered "persona non grata" but, given a season or two (and assuming you didn't bankrupt the club :D ), then you should be able to come back easily.

Using an editor is not a solution, tbh.

Apparently, if you resign rather than simply leave for another club, you aren't put on the disliked list. Haven't checked this for myself, but that seems to have been the general thought from previous threads, so you may still be able to go back.

Mourinho is about to resign and I doubt inter fans will hate him like in fm......

yep i agree.. he is leaving on a high and a good note so i wouldn't say they are happy about it but in no way 5-10 years down the line would no inter fan welcome him back

I hope it does disappear over time, I won the treble with a team that scored 142 league goals and beat Barcelona 7-0 in champions league semi-final. Surely any fan would welcome me back in 5 years time.

Archived