What is the greatest/worst feeling in English Football?

Is there anyone out there who feels that winning the playoff final to get into the prem is a better feeling than actually winning the prem?

What about losing the title race on the last day of the season compared to being relegated on the last day of the season?

Im sure that beating/losing to your fiercest rival at the top/bottom for some of you out there?

So tell me what do you think are the best/worst feelings in English football? What gives the greatest sense of accomplishment in FM? And what makes you want to not talk to anyone for a week?

For me, although I've never been in a playoff, I don't think I could pick between a playoff final win or a premiership title win. I know that winning the premiership means being the best team in England, but there's something just special about the playoffs.....

It depends on what type of club you are.

If your Arsenal or Chelsea, probably not. But if you're Accrington Stanley (or Blackpool for that matter :D), just getting into the prem is a massive achievment, and there are few better feelings.

As a West Ham fan losing the playoff final was worse than being relegated. I can accept being relegated because we just weren't good enough dispite going down with the most points ever. But when we lost the playoff final I thought all year it has built up to this disappointment of being so close yet so far form being promoted.

I remember I was gutted when charlton got relegated.....again.....

The only lower league I've ever managed was shrewsbury and I lead them to automatic promotion so I didn't need to suffer through the playoffs.

I remember I was gutted when charlton got relegated.....again.....

The only lower league I've ever managed was shrewsbury and I lead them to automatic promotion so I didn't need to suffer through the playoffs.

Woah Killakerr, don't come around here talking about play off heart ache! Disregarding this season Leeds United had unsuccessfully been in the playoffs 3 times in 4 seasons, (2 finals)... the other season we were relegated!

The worst feeling in football is (unfairly) being deducted 25 points for going into administration (more than any other club).

The best feeling is being top at Christmas after starting the season on -15.

Playoff victories, without a doubt. I have some real epic ones. Most recently with York, when I was cruising the BSP only to cack up the last seven games. Won 5-0 in the semis against league top scorers Stevenage and then scraped through 11-10 on pens in the final against Oxford (a game in which I got slaughtered incidentally). In Holland (I know we're talking England but sod it) with RBC Roosendaal I ended up in the relegation playoff after my first top flight campaign, got dicked on 3-0 by Sparta of the second tier in the semis 1st leg, took them back to my place and beat them 4-0, somehow invoking a replay (the Dutch have weird promotion/relegation rules, great fun league to play in though). Won the replay comfortably, then won the first leg of the final 3-1 away, only to contrive to throw it away by going 3 down in the second leg before winning the tie 7-5. Absolutely incredible, I was out of my chair screaming on both occasions.

This is about greatest/worst feeling not fantasy I'm afraid :(

I'm sure that he's talking beating man utd when he was managing Leeds.......as much as it pains me :(

Archived