Do you watch your game?

Do you watch your games play out?  

158 members have voted

1. 1. Do you watch your games play out?

I was simply wondering.....

Do you guys out there watch your game as it goes on?

I was going through a rough second season and the third season I would minimize the game and work on something else. Surprisingly the third season has been my most successfull put of all three. I played the whole season without watching and managed to beat man utd three times and draw once, never lost against them. beat man city in carling cup final.

I know its a stupid question but still do you guys watch your games as they happen?

I think if you have a good assistant, then not watching will weald good results

However, if he is always getting better results, it means you need to look at improving your understanding of the game, or your approach as you are obviously doing something wrong

Personally, I watch most games, but skip some if I can't be asked to watch

I consider it cheating if you put your assistant in charge. Completely unrealistic and not in the spirit of the game.
I think if you have a good assistant, then not watching will weald good results

However, if he is always getting better results, it means you need to look at improving your understanding of the game, or your approach as you are obviously doing something wrong

Personally, I watch most games, but skip some if I can't be asked to watch

I kinda agree with these two.....I will say that the OP got lucky as it could've end up the other way because the assistant's usually cause that to happen. Plus it feels better when you win games with only your mind and your clicker (and david villa ;))

At the same time if I said I have never holidayed through a match I would be lying.

no i do play the game out i MINIMIZE it and work on something else or move away from the computer. You guys are mistaking me here i do not go on a holiday, never will. I simply go away from the computer and check at intervals. Again i MINIMIZE and work on my homework or something else.

Sorry about the confusion

i watch games on key but every now and then browse the net, play the ps3 etc while its playing and just check the goals.

Although on important matches ill go Extended and watch all of it without distractions(except maybe msn)

then those really boring times at the start of the year or during the break when im not an international manager then i'll just watch a movie on the ps3 while i play lol

if people read what the OP said, he cleary says that he only minimizes the game, he can still make tactical changes and make observations. he just wont see any highlights of the game.

And how do you know if you need tactical changes and make observations if the game is minimized then?

And how do you know if you need tactical changes and make observations if the game is minimized then?

You can win without making changes :p

If it's anything that actually requires user input, the game is paused automatically, so will be waiting for when he returns

I'm usually working while playing FM, doesn't stop me from enjoying success with my team

I personally don't completely ignore it (multiple monitors very useful for me), so I will often make one or two tactical changes a match

Sure I've lost some by not paying enough attention, but I've won more

End of the day, it's personal preference, after-all, if I were to pay complete attention to the game, I would never get anything else done

I consider it cheating if you put your assistant in charge. Completely unrealistic and not in the spirit of the game.

:confused:

Fail to see how. The assistant can be pretty bad. I remember letting my assistant (as a test) in charge against Barcelona (I was Benfica) and he lost 2-5 at home ffs. With me in charge, easy 2-0 win... :rolleyes:

I put my assistant in charge during friendlies as I have no interest whatsoever in watching those matches... The bad thing is the assistant doesnt substitute players with light injuries but whatever... (it's not like the same doesn't happen with the national team coaches...)

The second part might be true tho. But whatever floats his boat. His game...

I play every game, even friendlies.

same here....(actually not every friendly, but some)

I was sent to the stands after complaining about refs too much in my groningen game, and the assistant lost our unbeaten run due to playing a different team/tactic, don't see the point in not watching tbh.

I usually watch the stats and report most quickly, as to watch the 3d costs too much time. Only substitute some players when there rates are low or injured, and that way went on not bad. I also has the feeling that watch the report only might more easily to win a match, may be because of the cacaulating and processing way of the program.

I was simply wondering.....

Do you guys out there watch your game as it goes on?

I was going through a rough second season and the third season I would minimize the game and work on something else. Surprisingly the third season has been my most successfull put of all three. I played the whole season without watching and managed to beat man utd three times and draw once, never lost against them. beat man city in carling cup final.

I know its a stupid question but still do you guys watch your games as they happen?

Sam Indicates that he regards Ams07 to be someone who doesn't relish the big occasions.

I usually minimise until half time, unless its a big game. Then second half, I'll watch it is its tight, but take a back seat and just dip in for subs (often triple substitutions because I'm lazy) if I'm getting stuffed or cruising. I always flick back to watch the goals though.

I usually minimise until half time, unless its a big game. Then second half, I'll watch it is its tight, but take a back seat and just dip in for subs (often triple substitutions because I'm lazy) if I'm getting stuffed or cruising. I always flick back to watch the goals though.

That is exactly what i do.

As is the touchline ban... I was banned from the touchline for a vital promotion-chasing match with KV Oostende in Belgium, and I couldn't do *anything*, not even choose the substitutions at half time. I mean, I would still be able to phone directions to my assistant if I had been banned, but I just had to watch while he threw away a winnable game with ridiculous substitutions and players out of position. I missed a play-off place by four point, two of which were thrown away here. :mad:

Archived