Have you ever cried playing Football Manager?

Watching the celebrations after the Champions League final you see people crying. The coach, the players, the fans, they are all overcome by emotion. I wonder if such displays of emotion are ever shown by players of Football Manager. I have felt extreme euphoria or disappointment after winning or losing certain matches, but I don't think I've ever cried.

How emotional do you get playing Football Manager? Have you ever cried?

Watching the celebrations after the Champions League final you see people crying. The coach, the players, the fans, they are all overcome by emotion. I wonder if such displays of emotion are ever shown by players of Football Manager. I have felt extreme euphoria or disappointment after winning or losing certain matches, but I don't think I've ever cried.

How emotional do you get playing Football Manager? Have you ever cried?

No ive never cried. Im a man.

Can get pretty ****ed off at times, but I've never cried at it. I have actually chucked a laptop on the floor in anger before when I got a crash dump and didn't know what it meant...that laptop didn't really work too well following that

Cried? Never. Got really angry and broke something within easy reach? Yes, lots of times. I've slammed my fist onto my keyboard after losing to Stoke a little while back. Thank god i only paid £5 for it lol

Can get pretty ****ed off at times, but I've never cried at it. I have actually chucked a laptop on the floor in anger before when I got a crash dump and didn't know what it meant...that laptop didn't really work too well following that

You need to learn to control that anger son. I used to punch my old CRT monitor until I nearly broke my fist.

I still have the occasional bought of rage, but I've learned to put it behind me.

Getting ****ed about anything ain't worth it if you hurt yourself, people you love, or valuable objects.

edit: Try celebrating the good more. Emphasizing the positives can make the bad look minor. On FM I will rub my head after a goal, or blow kisses to the imaginary crowd.

remember a network game a few years ago. I'm Juve, the other player were the 2 Milans and the other Parma or Lazio.

I lose the champions League semi first leg at home 1-0 to Milan. then go 1-0 down in Milan, but score 2 goals in the last 10 minutes to win on away goals.(we are all on a teamspeak server)

I went frickin mental, and nearly cried with emotion. due to playing online with mates, it was quite serious and personal. I am married with kids and they all though I was a bit mental with my reaction to winning. Best feeling ever in FM. I won the Champions League 4 year in a row with that team , but never the Scudetto

You need to learn to control that anger son. I used to punch my old CRT monitor until I nearly broke my fist.

I still have the occasional bought of rage, but I've learned to put it behind me.

Getting ****ed about anything ain't worth it if you hurt yourself, people you love, or valuable objects.

edit: Try celebrating the good more. Emphasizing the positives can make the bad look minor. On FM I will rub my head after a goal, or blow kisses to the imaginary crowd.

Got ADHD but I've come to learn to control it a bit more. I was about 12 - 13 when this happened, approaching 18 now so matured a bit and learnt to control it.

I use to punch CRT monitors in rage too..i'd hate to think of the damage done to my knuckles

LOL @ the tough guys who say they are too manly to cry.

Everyone cries and it is a natural emotion that in a lot of instances relases endorphins and reduces stress.

Saying you have NEVER cried in adult-hood can only mean two things.

1. You are lying or;

2. You are the type of person who gets violent when drunk, can be uptight and generally disliked by people. Typically a person who does not cry to release anger or stress can be quite explosive towards others in a typically negative manner.

The moral of the story? Play FM, cry and be happy in life. :D

Got ADHD but I've come to learn to control it a bit more. I was about 12 - 13 when this happened, approaching 18 now so matured a bit and learnt to control it.

I use to punch CRT monitors in rage too..i'd hate to think of the damage done to my knuckles

That is why I always cheat in my games to prevent these sort of situation from happening to me! What if I play and lose the match and in a fit of rage, I break my laptop!??? :D

LOL @ the tough guys who say they are too manly to cry.

Everyone cries and it is a natural emotion that in a lot of instances relases endorphins and reduces stress.

Saying you have NEVER cried in adult-hood can only mean two things.

1. You are lying or;

2. You are the type of person who gets violent when drunk, can be uptight and generally disliked by people. Typically a person who does not cry to release anger or stress can be quite explosive towards others in a typically negative manner.

The moral of the story? Play FM, cry and be happy in life. :D

I kid I kid.......I guess its hard to notice sarcasm when a Smiley isn't present.......

And I wasn't talking about in life in general....I was talking about when play fm......sheesh....

I only cry when i realised its the reason i'm gonna fail my degree.

hahaha I cried tears of joy, when I passed my degree, despite FM's greatest attempt to stop me. I'm not exactly what you'd call intelligent either mate, I'm sure you'll be fine

I've never cried over the game but I get really furious... and really excited. I remember once managing England we were in ET in the WC Semi, and we scored the winner in the 119th min. I jumped up in excitement and accidently turned my computer off. I ended up winning the game again and the WC but I was quite furious at the time.

No but I got seriously annoyed with a crash dump last night that won't let me go past a certain date in my career save. :(

I know it happens but I was convinced that this was the time for a son and stadium!

I cried back in CM97 when my hard drive crashed. It was even worse cause I lost a 20 season save and when this crash happened, one of my stars, a striker, was just about to get his first cap for France age 33...

:(

Same feeling here mate! Is it possible for SI to make he game "uncrashable"? :D

Some people hype matches up themselves e.g. playing the Champions League theme before a European Cup match or Three Lions before an England match in the World Cup.

Nothing beats the guy who put on a suit ahead of a FA Cup final (IIRC) :D

Have obviously never cried, but I have been jumping around the room in joy after late turnarounds and such in very important matches. For example when a late goal secured us a draw in the penultimate match of the season, and we got promoted on more goals scored than another team (ie, equal points and equal goal difference).

Archived