The Polish Invasion Club!

I just took a closer look at the club leading BSP since they weren't even in the division last season.

Looks like 1.5 years ago they got a new polish manager when they got into BSN, he signed a whole bunch of polish players and then went straight into BSP which they're now leading!

Seems strange for a BSN club... they were all signed from polish clubs too o.O

643Oq.png

Bit off topic, but I used to watch Pogon when they were in the top division in Poland a few years ago. Even got a couple of their strips.

After the directors all got jailed for embezzlement at the local shipyard (they were directors there too), and they were relegated a Scandinavian took them over, and promptly brought in an entire squad of Brazilian players.

Cue next season, them getting relegated again as they were all crap...

It happend to stoke in the late 90's and beginnings of this decade, we got taken over by an Icelandic consortium and they brought in a large number of icelandic players and staff right off the bat. Brynjar Gunnarson is probably the only one who made it as a success here, but they did have some good connections we signed Peter Hoekstra from Ajax, who was when fit easily top flight material, but Halifax ended his career.

I had similar in Sweden, one of the clubs appointed a Serbian manager and a few months later half the squad was Serbian.

I just did the same to KV Oostende in Belgium, usually have 8 Argentinians playing or on the bench at any one time, and another 6 in the squad.

Mainly because my most enjoyable game on FM09 was when I managed Platense for ten years, never won anything but turned a nothing second division club in to top flight contenders.

Got to FM10, wanted to manage in Europe, was hamstrung with foreign player rulings in England, Italy etc, so got to Belgium and found I could sign all the good players I remembered from my game in the Argentinian league.

Didn't something like this happen irl at Hearts. The owner is Lithuanian and the manager at the time was and all of a sudden half the squad as Lithuanian. They sold most of their Scottish players.

I've seen it once in FM09: http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x164/AB-forever/polishinvasion.jpg

IIRC they didn't even have any Polish staff!

And once in FM10: http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x164/AB-forever/bulgarianinvasion.jpg

In my current game Hendon (Isthmian Premier) have a Bulgarian coach and as a result they've signed some Bulgarians during the season :D

Archived