Legend Status

After years of hard graft, I've finally accomplished a target I've wanted to achieve since I first got FM, to become a club legend.

I've managed Arsenal for 6 seasons (2017 - 2023), and during that time I've won the EPL 6 times, the CL 5 times and the FA Cup 3 times. These trophies have also seen me climb above Sir Alex Ferguson on the Hall of Fame, along with two more EPL's with Newcastle.

Has anyone else managed to become a legend for any club before, and if so, who were you managing?, how long did it take you to do it?, and what did you have to do to achieve legend status?

I just received Legend Status at the end of my latest season as Lusitano de Evora in Portugal, I started in the 3rd tier in 2010/11, and have just finished the 2026/27 season, we have won the Liga Sagres 4 times running, Portuguese Cup twice, League Cup three times (Including Back to back) and the Super Cup 3 times. I also was runner-up in the Champions League losing 1:0 to a Penalty from Real Madrid. Its a long haul from the bottom to the top.

I just received Legend Status at the end of my latest season as Lusitano de Evora in Portugal, I started in the 3rd tier in 2010/11, and have just finished the 2026/27 season, we have won the Liga Sagres 4 times running, Portuguese Cup twice, League Cup three times (Including Back to back) and the Super Cup 3 times. I also was runner-up in the Champions League losing 1:0 to a Penalty from Real Madrid. Its a long haul from the bottom to the top.

That reminds me. Must get back to my Fafe Game.

On FM09 I won at least ten La Ligas, seven Champions Leagues and about twelve Kings Cups with Barcelona and didn't even get on the favoured personnel list. However on FM10 I'm already an icon with Juventus in 2015 after winning three Serie A, three Champions Leagues and one Tim Cup (and all of the bonus cups like World Club Championships).

I have Legend status for Cobham in 2019 after taking them from English League Level 10 to PL with only promotions each year :) And im the only legend at the club

Have you tried giving an ultimatum to the board and they bow down to your wishes without sacking you because of your legendary status? :D

Have you tried giving an ultimatum to the board and they bow down to your wishes without sacking you because of your legendary status? :D

On FM09 the board would still sack you even if you were a legend, I tried it with my Nantwich Town team. I had become a legend but taking them to the EPL from the BSN, although I got added when I was in the Championship.

On FM09 the board would still sack you even if you were a legend, I tried it with my Nantwich Town team. I had become a legend but taking them to the EPL from the BSN, although I got added when I was in the Championship.

Then what is the point of achieveing legendary status in a club? Is it just there for cosmetic purposes? The board should not sack you because of all the great things you have achieved with the club! The fans would be outraged! This need some tweeking! :(

Purely cosmetic.

I was given a £25m budget with Khimki after finishing 2nd in the Champions League, (The Year after winning it), and £25m seems like a lot but I'd sold £90m worth of players and my average budget was about £50-70m over the past 3/4 seasons.

I asked for more money, issued an ultimatum and got sacked...

12 members of staff walked out though :D

Finally became a legend in my Farsley game in 2035 after:

- taking them from the BSN to the EPL in 8 seasons

- winning 12 consecutive EPLs

- 14 consecutive FA Cups

- 10 League Cups in 11 years

- 12 consecutive Community Shields

- 12 Champions League wins in 13 years

- 2 consecutive Euro Cup wins

- 13 Super Cup wins in 16 years

- 11 consecutive World Club Championship wins

Took a lot of work, but got there in the end :D

Not sure, I'm still a legend at Khimki despite leaving, but I let my contract run out rather than resigning/ultimatum'ing.

Letting your contract run out will keep your status intact, not sure about resignations though :thup:

Off topic - Do you still lose legend status if you leave a club, or has it been 'fixed' ?

Apparently it's been fixed - saw a screenie in another thread.

I'd still save before accepting another job, though - just in case.

I actullay tried it for fun to get a new stadium, cause when i was promoted to PL my stadium was 2500. But they would fire me. (not very nice of me but i saved before i did it, else i wouldn´t have done it.

Archived