Player/Coach won't accept new contract as Player

I am playing as Bath City in the BSS, and I have a fairly talentless fitness coach, who is also still playing. Problem is he is very good on the field, so I want to keep him for next season as a player only.

So I offer him a new contract as a player, and he demands £170/week, with an Appearance bonus of £55.

I think, fair enough, and offer him that contract.

He then rejects it a few days later saying he wants a higher bonus. I go to offer him a new contract, and he is STILL only demanding £55 in bonus. I then up that to £75, and offer it to him.

As expected, he rejects it because the bonus is too low .... what the fudge??

Why is that idiot rejecting my more than fair contract offer of more than he wants??

hhmmm damn :( .... then he really should say that he is not interested in the contract instead of making me think he will accept a reasonable offer.

His contract is running out in a few months, so I will probably have to let him go. Sad as he is the player who have been the longest in the club, he is my best Right Back, he is a good tutor and he is also the captain.

Also the board will complain about letting him go for years (tried it before).

Just wanted to see if his time in the club could be extended without sacrificing a valuable staff position on someone who is useless as a coach.

I am playing as Bath City in the BSS, and I have a fairly talentless fitness coach, who is also still playing. Problem is he is very good on the field, so I want to keep him for next season as a player only.

So I offer him a new contract as a player, and he demands £170/week, with an Appearance bonus of £55.

I think, fair enough, and offer him that contract.

He then rejects it a few days later saying he wants a higher bonus. I go to offer him a new contract, and he is STILL only demanding £55 in bonus. I then up that to £75, and offer it to him.

As expected, he rejects it because the bonus is too low .... what the fudge??

Why is that idiot rejecting my more than fair contract offer of more than he wants??

Are you sure that he is demanding £55.

His request is in the top box and it doesn't always filter down to the offer box for some reason.

Are you sure that he is demanding £55.

His request is in the top box and it doesn't always filter down to the offer box for some reason.

Very sure ... I checked every figure three times in my final offer. I more than matched all his demands and still he refused.

Must be a minor bug that he is not just refusing to discuss terms.

Archived