"Must be compensated"?

Hello!

I have a few questions regarding contract and when players change clubs.

First, Igor Akinfeev har 5 monts left on his contract for Moscow, and when I offer him a contract it says below "CSKA Moscow must be compensated with £5.250.000.

Why? What determines that number? And I saw some tips in the game saying something about player under 24 can change club for free if they want when they have 6 months remaining?

Please, can someone make this clear to me. :)

Lets say i have a Worldclass player who I've bought for 50£, can he just change club and refuse my contract offer? And I wont get a penny?

I think the £5.25 million must be written in Akinfeev's contract. I signed him on a free at the end of 2014 and I also had to pay that amount. However, considering he is easily one of the best keepers in the world at that point it is about as good a bargain as you will ever see on the game.

Lets say i have a Worldclass player who I've bought for 50£, can he just change club and refuse my contract offer? And I wont get a penny?

Well that can always be the case right? A player doesnt want to renew his contract and eventually some other club signs him or he leaves at the end of the contract.

Its no such thing as a waterproof investment ;)

I think the £5.25 million must be written in Akinfeev's contract. I signed him on a free at the end of 2014 and I also had to pay that amount. However, considering he is easily one of the best keepers in the world at that point it is about as good a bargain as you will ever see on the game.

Alright, so, my guess is that when players sign contract with clubs theres a hidden number that other clubs have to pay if he accept a contract from another club? Is that a static number or does it change if he plays better.

Anyone else who can clear this up?

I'm guessing it's the minimum fee release clause or something, not sure.

Ok, do you know what determines that fee? The only thing i can think of is that it has something to do with the value they bought him for. Like 75% of it?. But in Akinfeevs case, he has been in Moscow all of his career. Then, where does the £5M compensation come from? :S

When i sign players, its not like i have a choice to decide how much that minimum release fee is? Also, theres no way to see the fee? Only thing i find is Market Value.

Player aged over 24 can leave free of charge in all EU counties and most others as well due to the Bosman Ruling. However, Russia is one of the exceptions - their you have to pay compensation decided on by a tribunal based on ability, age, experience, reputation, etc..

It's a development fee, it's on players like Dzagoev too, and most Russian players who's contracts are expiring.

If they played in Russia for a certain time, under a certain age, the buying club will have to pay a development fee if signing them on a free transfer (ergo, it's not free anymore)

Player aged over 24 can leave free of charge in all EU counties and most others as well due to the Bosman Ruling. However, Russia is one of the exceptions - their you have to pay compensation decided on by a tribunal based on ability, age, experience, reputation, etc..
It's a development fee, it's on players like Dzagoev too, and most Russian players who's contracts are expiring.

If they played in Russia for a certain time, under a certain age, the buying club will have to pay a development fee if signing them on a free transfer (ergo, it's not free anymore)

Russia are not a member of EU and thus the Bosman ruling does not apply to Russian clubs. So it's not strictly a development fee because you have to pay for every player owned by a Russian club.

Alright.

I was wondering one more thing. Wellington Silva is unhappy because the lack of first team football given to him right now, and is determined to leave. He has 7 months left on his contract and refuses to accept my offer.

Several clubs has shown interest in him. He is rated to becoming a leading star, and I want him to stay. But what happens now when there's only 6 months left on his contract? Is he allowed to just leave for another club without me getting any money?

As he is 21, must I be compensated? With the market value?

Archived