Long balls?

I time and time again see my assistant manager suggesting me to play more longballs but where´s the option to do that?

Direct, short and standard i see. Is it standard?

Also the mentioning from him about "we´re getting shots on goal but its from a distance". How to make them close in then to try at closer range?

I time and time again see my assistant manager suggesting me to play more longballs but where´s the option to do that?

Direct, short and standard i see. Is it standard?

Also the mentioning from him about "we´re getting shots on goal but its from a distance". How to make them close in then to try at closer range?

'More Direct' is the option for long balls. And shout 'Work Ball Into Box' if your ass. man says that. :thup:

The long balls option is the Direct passing choice as instead of playing the ball through the midfield the players will try and play it in to the strikers over the opponents defense. To change the shots from lond distance check your players long shots bar in their personal settings as some positions have long shots set as often as standard

Aha, thanks.

But that´s weird since i always use the direct passing option. Weird that he suggest me doing something that i´ve allready told the players to do. <insert little guy with question marks above his head>

Edit: (boosting a little:) ): Must add that i must have a good hunch then since i used exactly the tactics the ass.man. was asking for without knowing what he ment i.e, "direct balls and pump the ball into the penalty area". Won a training match at home with 2-1 this way against a team in highest league with my team in the lowest.

Premier, middle, lower league used. :)

My ass. manager suggests this as well but I never do it cos I HATE the long ball method. I know when you select the "passing style" for each of the players and you move the slider to the extreme right it changes from "direct" to "long" but that's going through each of the players "passing style" and not the team as a whole - as far as I'm aware anyway as I go through the individual players for doing my tactics rather than just the team tactics. I think that you just have the choices of "shorter", "standard" and "more direct" choices for the team tactics.

Whenever he suggests hitting more long balls forward I ignore this because it is basically the defenders (the way I see it anyway) hoofing the ball up to the strikers and are missing out the midfield for the most part which I hate seeing. I much prefer the shorter passing in building it up from back to front and it seems to work most times :thup:

Archived