Fallen Giants

They have been in administration five times.

You'd think they'd learn.

EDIT; that was meant in response to dafuge not Blue Saint.

Blue Saint: administration is when a club is in complete financial meltdown and are unable to pay the bills any more. They call in 'administrators' to help them deal with their creditors and get them out of the mess. Mainly by selling off assets (players) and going on a complete cost cutting drive. Portsmouth are the most high profile example of this in recent times. The English Premier League punish a club with a 9 point penalty. I believe its 10 points in the Football League.

Dafuge, if you check the thread where somebody made it to around 2074, Man United competed in the Blue Square North for two seasons... while they didn't get relegated, they are a far bigger club than Blackburn so the achievement is probably quite similar.

Huge way to fall though!

I wouldn't call Blackburn a big club. They've been punching above their weight for years. In my life time the biggest club I've seen fall the lowest is Leeds Utd, but thankfully they're on the way back up.

By 'big club' I really just meant a Premier League club. Still, it wasn't that long ago that they won it ;)

I wouldn't call Blackburn a big club. They've been punching above their weight for years. In my life time the biggest club I've seen fall the lowest is Leeds Utd, but thankfully they're on the way back up.

Blackburn are 1 of only 4 clubs EVER to win the Premiership.

You really should learn something about football because you've just made yourself look like an absolute imbecile. :thup:

Archived