Makes no sense at all

I am managing the gunners and decided to list 2-3 players. I was doing this to free up my wages and hopefully build up me cash flow. Two seasons in no one has bought them and yes I have listed them as not needed at club, halved their price you name it. This I believe was and has been a problem in the past and seems to me nothing has changed. (and yes they are good buys) got me stuffed, two seasons? crazy.

Cheers

p.s. apart from that am loving the game, best fm yet (IMHO)

I am managing the gunners and decided to list 2-3 players. I was doing this to free up my wages and hopefully build up me cash flow. Two seasons in no one has bought them and yes I have listed them as not needed at club, halved their price you name it. This I believe was and has been a problem in the past and seems to me nothing has changed. (and yes they are good buys) got me stuffed, two seasons? crazy.

Cheers

p.s. apart from that am loving the game, best fm yet (IMHO)

Set asking price to £0 for a while to build up interest but the two main areas I would look at are:

A) Their wages put off potential bidders.

B) They aren't playing first team football therefore not being noticed.

I have also noticed this and it is pretty silly, imo the transfer system needs to be sorted out for FM11 as the current one is a total mess because you need to offer 3x what a player is worth to get his club to accept.

No you don't... you're just trying to buy club's important players, so of course they won't accept a low/average bid.

If I want to get rid of a player I always offer them to clubs and never just list them. So far I have to say that it has worked quite well. The only time there is a problem really is when you have a poor player on high wages, which tbf is as it should be. In these cases it might help to list "not in the first team plans" as the reason why a bid is accepted. In conjuncture with the player having a "not needed by club" squad status usually works unless we are talking extreme cases.

I have also noticed this and it is pretty silly, imo the transfer system needs to be sorted out for FM11 as the current one is a total mess because you need to offer 3x what a player is worth to get his club to accept.

Cant believe some peoples non stop whining about some stuff wich they just cant put down to the fact that they´re pi**ed off because they wont get bargain players.

I find the transfer market highly realistic!

If they dont want to let go of a player they say "ok! But then the price tag is this. Take it or leave it!".

Just like life.

I just move on to find other players in that case wich isnt as preferred, wellperforming and happy in their team.

On the other hand! When they dont want a player, that is, not played and in reserve team i´ve mostly been able to come up with their asking price and its a "Go ahead. Offer him a contract".

But if i try to lowball them they also often ask for even more.

Well done! :)

Cant believe some peoples non stop whining about some stuff wich they just cant put down to the fact that they´re pi**ed off because they wont get bargain players.

I find the transfer market highly realistic!

If they dont want to let go of a player they say "ok! But then the price tag is this. Take it or leave it!".

Just like life.

I just move on to find other players in that case wich isnt as preferred, wellperforming and happy in their team.

On the other hand! When they dont want a player, that is, not played and in reserve team i´ve mostly been able to come up with their asking price and its a "Go ahead. Offer him a contract".

But if i try to lowball them they also often ask for even more.

Well done! :)

I am talking about players that are transfer listed and you still have to pay over the odds.

Archived