[FMHi] Help me NOT becoming Mourinho

I'm pretty sure it's me. The thing is, I can't figure of why. At first I thought it's my shallow tactical understanding of the FM match engine that causes my matches to be low-scoring games. Most goals are scored from long range. Headed crosses occassionaly but rarely close range finishes. Strangely, this happen to BOTH teams. The number of shots are pretty decent, though only half is on-target.

Anyway, I notice this again as I play FMHi. I use 442 standard, but no matter which settings I use (Attacking/Balanced, Mixed/Direct, Pressing, etc), they seem to have no effect. I don't think it's the players because even against teams 2 leagues down, it's still the same.

BTW, should I change formations in the middle of the match? In FM, players take a while in getting used to new formations and team gelling. Is this still the case for FMHi?

I'll use my Livingston game as an example, purely because I won the league by 40 points and lost once.

I brought in 4 players, including 1 in January. I didn't change any of the tactics and went for a basic 4-4-2.

I found this to be very good, and we often dominated matches.

Basically, have a little mess around with the tactics. I would go more attacking at home and more defensive away depending on the opposition.

Overall, I feel with the signings it's best not to bring in too many. I would say 5 per season max, therefore your players can gel.

I believe the problem lies in my understanding of the game, on how to react when certain things happen. Is there any thread/post somewhere that explains how to read and analyse the Match Stats page? Ex. if your passing % is low then lower it to Mixed/Short. But if you're winning headers, go Long. Things like that.

Archived