Strange things and how to deal with them

I need some tips on how to deal with certain things that occur in this game.

1. I want to pick up some youth players but it's common for:

a. them ask to be a Key Player when they're 15 years old

b. me to worry that the fans will dislike my signings. (They should relax since he's a youth player)

2. I want to fill out my squad, bring in a few players with them being a reserve/backup player in mind.

Many times they want high salaries and rolls in the club. Many times the assistant says they're crap and the fans don't like them.

3. The scouts report on a certain players current ability is 5-6 stars. I buy him and he's a 3-4 star. Fine, but along with their report on every one of my players and anyone else i'm looking at, how important is a scouts report on a player vs my own knowledge or view of that player and his abilities.

Do i get to decide who i want no matter what or is it essential that i listen to the scouts and ass man?

4. Why do all Brazilians want to be Key Players and make a ton of money?

My two cents / pence:

2. I want to fill out my squad, bring in a few players with them being a reserve/backup player in mind.

Many times they want high salaries and rolls in the club. Many times the assistant says they're crap and the fans don't like them.

If you don't have the salary for them, don't listen to their inflated views of their own value. To round out my roster, I often use loans, young players, or reasonably-paid backups. Don't underestimate a consistent but modest role player's worth to your club and budget. In most cases, a club's budget cannot afford to have key player / first team player (and salary) in all spots on the roster.

3. The scouts report on a certain players current ability is 5-6 stars. I buy him and he's a 3-4 star. Fine, but along with their report on every one of my players and anyone else i'm looking at, how important is a scouts report on a player vs my own knowledge or view of that player and his abilities.

Scout reports (when they're not on your squad) and coach reports (once they're on your squad) are reporting different things with their star ratings. The former is their overall ability, considering the caliber of league you're in, the latter is also based in comparison to other players of that position also on your squad. This is how it's been explained to me. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Be sure to look at their actual attributes and the role you want them to play in your tactic!

Typical Brazilians. Hmph! :(

I need some tips on how to deal with certain things that occur in this game.

1. I want to pick up some youth players but it's common for:

a. them ask to be a Key Player when they're 15 years old

b. me to worry that the fans will dislike my signings. (They should relax since he's a youth player)

A) They don't want to move from their starting club where they grew up so it will take key status and a large wage to entice them.

Who wants to move to a club where you'll only be a backup?

Look for free agents or young up and coming players who are more likely to accept backup roles.

Do i get to decide who i want no matter what or is it essential that i listen to the scouts and ass man?

If your scouts and AM have high levels of judgement then you'll get reasonable advice. However they report on CA/PA not on distribution of attributes so make sure the players you sign have good attributes in the areas you want.

Also I think scouts report on players relevant to the league you are in while your AM compares the player to the rest of your squad.

Its a lot way from Brazil if you play in Europe, why should they move if they aren't going to play and don't earn much money.

Archived