Thinking of getting the game, question.

Hey Everyone,

Got a question, I'm thinking of picking up FM 2010, but the things I love about the simulations games like these is the community that comes with it. In terms of what they can add with facepacks, logos, etc..

So I'm wondering how is that here? Can anyone point me to really good sites that have good FM 2010 content (Logos, Facepacks, etc..) so I can see what's available.

I looked at he Fansite page in front, and unfortunately the first couple of one are not in english.

thanks everyone.

Mate, welcome, this is a major part of the community! Look around the other sub forums and you'll find so much stuff to download and 'spice' up your game that you'll almost forget to play! Dive in and feel free to ask questions, we'll do our best to help out. :thup:

Yeh - patch it up - cos the first installments are bugged to hell.

Buying an SI game these days is like paying to beta test. They have no respect for their customers at all.

Gotcha, picked it up on Friday, and that's the first thing I did was patch it all up.

Then based on your suggestions I went to the FMBase site, and downloaded the Logo, Face Pack, and even that Competition Real Names Mod (Changes all the leagues and world events to their actual real name)

And OMG, am I having a blast, I've played it non-stop over the weekend, hoping to take my Manchester United to the top again in the Premier League!. So far, won the Community Shield game against Chelsea, and 3-1-1 in the season so far. (Had a bad loss against Stokes, yikes..)

I do have a couple of questions though now since I've had a good 2 days to play around with it.

1) Scouting, I assumed if you assigned scouts to the same league competition, they would all scout different teams, but it seems they all scout the same team. Example, I assigned 3 scouts to the Youth Under 18s English League because I figure there was a lot of teams, and it would need that, however, it seems that all my scouts view the same game, because I get inbox mail from all 3 scouts on the same game, and they all recommend the same player.

2) Touchline Instructions? How important is it to use these? Honestly, my football knowledge is rather limited, but I'm learning quick though, but at the same time, I find myself leaning to my Assistant a lot in terms of how to handle certain players, and also his feedback during the game. So sometimes I feel golden by picking the right instructions, but in reality how important are these really? And for simplicity sakes, what are usually the best ones to do? Or again, is it all dependent on how the flow of the game goes.

3) Players unhappy, how do you deal with them? Barcelona tried to be greedy and wanted to snatch Nani from me, and I said no, but now Nani seems to be ****ed because it looks like he wanted to do go to Barcelona, and he's currently unhappy with the club. Is there anyway to change that? I look at the interact button and I really don't see options for a pep-talk or meeting, just on stuff to either recommend players, or change their playerstyle.

4) Speaking of which, when I get players from different countries, let's say Germany, and he can't speak English, and if I happen to have another German player on the team, will they automatically talk to other, and my latter player who has already been on the team, try to help the former player out with the language barrier and everything?

And that's really all I got for now, naturally more may come up as I continue to play the game, but for now I think answers to these questions will help me big time first.

thanks everyone for their suggestions! :)

Archived