Is this possible?

Has anyone achieved this before? I mean, manage a BBS team or even better an obscure team and beat Manchester United or Chelsea in a single match? The match could be a friendly or even an FA Cup match!

Of course, the player have to beat Chelsea or Manchester United in a "legitimate" manner and no cheating should be involved! :D

Is this even possible? No matter how great a FM manager you are and know the ins and outs of the tactical side of the game. Draw matches do not count and the team you are managing must be at the sixth tier of the English Football league. That means the team you are managing has very mediocre or even rubbish players! :D

Is this possible?

Can one team beat another team? Of course it is possible.

But what if you are managing a team full of rubbish players and the opposition team has quite a number of stars in the playing field? I mean, have you tried that scenario before and managed to beat that particular team through just sheer tactical brilliance?

Of course, the corner exploit does not count here!

Can this be done?

Very very unlikely - but I guess like IRL they do happen from time to time - a good old 'giant killing!' :D

But Ive never seen on when I manage in Spain in the Kings Cup. A few shocks - i.e. a division difference but nothing more that I can remember.

Very very unlikely - but I guess like IRL they do happen from time to time - a good old 'giant killing!' :D

But Ive never seen on when I manage in Spain in the Kings Cup. A few shocks - i.e. a division difference but nothing more that I can remember.

Yes, I remember that in real life an obscure team thrashed Real Madrid 4-0 in the Spanish Cup! But I wonder whether is this possible in FM through the sheer tactical brilliance of the human player manager?

If this is possible, I might even start managing my teams the LLM way and become a true Football Manager player! :D

Yes, I remember that in real life an obscure team thrashed Real Madrid 4-0 in the Spanish Cup! But I wonder whether is this possible in FM through the sheer tactical brilliance of the human player manager?

If this is possible, I might even start managing my teams the LLM way and become a true Football Manager player! :D

I would like to think it could be done Blanch through tatical brilliance but I think it would be through a lot of luck aswell! Unless somebody has a screenshot - then its has not happened yet! :D

I would like to think it could be done Blanch through tatical brilliance but I think it would be through a lot of luck aswell! Unless somebody has a screenshot - then its has not happened yet! :D

Can anyone post a screenshot? Of course the match must be won in a legitimate manner and no corner exploits or cheating should be used! :D

I wonder how much of the tactical brilliance comes into this when these kinds of matches are being played! Does it matter that if you are a tactical brilliant manager, you might just pull of the impossible? Of course, if the opposition team gets 2 or 3 red cards, there might be a slight chance that you might pull this off! :D

It is possible i suppose but highly unlikely. I have never seen it before also

So if no one else has seen it before or can't manage to provide a screenshot, then it is highly likely that it is possible to achieve such a feat! :(

Of course drawing the match could be a possibility but I doubt no one can win it even if the player is a hard core FM tactician!

So if no one else has seen it before or can't manage to provide a screenshot, then it is highly likely that it is possible to achieve such a feat! :(

Of course drawing the match could be a possibility but I doubt no one can win it even if the player is a hard core FM tactician!

Is it possible?, Have you ever seen it? and Have you ever done it? are three distinct questions. For 99.99% (maybe even 100%) of players, the answer to the second and third question will be no. The answer to the first question, which was your original question, is yes.

Would you expect a BSN/BSS team irl to beat a prem team?

I stand by my original comment.

Like this?

Chelski.png

OK, thanks for the screenshot!

OK, before anyone jumps to conclusion and let us trust that this user is playing in a legitimate manner, I have a few questions for you mate!

What was Chelsea's position in the league at the time of the match?

What was Dag and Redbridge's position in the league? At what level were they playing?

Who were the players playing for Chelsea? Are they world class players or just fringe players in which the manager chose for this match? If this is so, this screenshot is not a surprise with all due respect!

Was Dag and Redbridge a strong minnow team in their respective division?

And finally, is this a Premier Division match in 2018???? If this is so, this screenshot does not count.

Please read the OP carefully! The team must CURRENTLY be playing in the lowest division possible and the opposition team must be flying high in the top division.

Cheers! :)

OK, thanks for the screenshot!

OK, before anyone jumps to conclusion and let us trust that this user is playing in a legitimate manner, I have a few questions for you mate!

What was Chelsea's position in the league at the time of the match?

What was Dag and Redbridge's position in the league? At what level were they playing?

Who were the players playing for Chelsea? Are they world class players or just fringe players in which the manager chose for this match? If this is so, this screenshot is not a surprise with all due respect!

Was Dag and Redbridge a strong minnow team in their respective division?

And finally, is this a Premier Division match in 2018???? If this is so, this screenshot does not count.

Please read the OP carefully! The team must CURRENTLY be playing in the lowest division possible and the opposition team must be flying high in the top division.

Cheers! :)

It's an FA Cup game.

i did it at eastbourne borough in 2008 15th conf south vs a.villa 2nd prem fa cup 3rd round but got smashed by cardiff round 4 never seen it b4 or since dont think i will either

How did you manage that feat, mate? What tactics did you use? Care to share with the rest of the SI community? :D

Archived