FM2010 and scout reports on youngsters' potential ability

Hello, I was wondering if this is a shortcoming (wouldn't call it bug) or a feature of the game. I train Milan, and when my scouts (any of them, of any skill) return a report on a young player (19 or less), the potential ability is never more than 3 stars, 3.5 in very rare instances.

So, is this a feature (you have to do some guessing with young players in real life) or a problem with the database?

Hello, I was wondering if this is a shortcoming (wouldn't call it bug) or a feature of the game. I train Milan, and when my scouts (any of them, of any skill) return a report on a young player (19 or less), the potential ability is never more than 3 stars, 3.5 in very rare instances.

So, is this a feature (you have to do some guessing with young players in real life) or a problem with the database?

Its more to do with your team.

As you are Milan, you are one of the top clubs in the world with, I presume, a host of top players.

A 3* scout report estimates that the player will turn out to be a similar skill level to your current players which I presume is top class.

Its more to do with your team.

As you are Milan, you are one of the top clubs in the world with, I presume, a host of top players.

A 3* scout report estimates that the player will turn out to be a similar skill level to your current players which I presume is top class.

That may be right, but it doesn't compute, because I have 4 star and 4.5 star players in my team. And there are a host of other players I've scouted that are 4 or 4.5 or even 5 stars. My point is valid only for young players, created by the game from scratch.

I wonder, why no young player goes beyond 3, 3.5 stars? I scouted all under 19 and under 21 national teams, all under-something championships in all the major countries, and there's not a single 4 star youth player.

Does this mean there are no new Ronaldos, Messis, Kakas to be found in the game? Are future players averagely weaker?

Does this mean there are no new Ronaldos, Messis, Kakas to be found in the game? Are future players averagely weaker?

No, it doesn't. They may have a PA of 3 stars when they are young but they can still become 4-5 star players in the future.

I've always just put it down to scouts being cautious about making judgements on young players.

Some 3-star players are labelled as having the potential to become leading PL players in the future. That is probably not correct for all, but it means they should become very good players. I've seen some astonishing regen players, so they can certainly become great. Practically all players in my current save are regens, and I can't say I see any systematic weakness anywhere. If anything there are probably too many great players.

Some of the attribute weaknesses in regens were fixed in 10.3. I think it looks very good right now tbh.

Archived