Serie A may lose a Champions League place; can it happen in Football Manager?

If Bayern Munich beat Inter Milan in the Champions League final tomorrow night then Italy will be reduced to having only three Champions League spots. It's amazing to think that a once great league like Serie A is falling so rapidly. However, I cannot recall ever seeing such an occurrence on Football Manager 08, 09 or 10, despite playing until at least 2030 on each game.

Have you ever seen a county lose a Champions League place on Football Manager? If it is not possible, should it be written into the game?

Of course it's possible that's what the uefa co efficient is for.

Serie A has taken some knocks and calciopoli did a great deal of damage but things aren't that bad. Inter are in the CL final and Fiorentina were a dodgy lino/ref away from beating the other finalists. They also handed the scousers an amusing beating.

I'm pretty sure you can't. If I remember correctly, FM doesn't have dynamic league reputation.

Sorry to double post but just seen this. Uefa co efficient has nothing to do with the dynamic league rep thing.

I'm pretty sure you can't. If I remember correctly, FM doesn't have dynamic league reputation.

UEFA co-efficients are different to league rep.

As others have said it is possible for countries to gain and lose places.

Semi off topic but, why would they lose a place? They have a team in the final.

More German sides went further in the Europa League.

Plus Italy will be losing 14-odd points at the end of this season (where Liverpool fluked a win against Milan), and the season after 15-odd points where Milan won.

There's also pretty much zero chance of any Italian side barring perhaps Inter or Roma going a decent distance in Europe, while the German sides as a whole look very good in the Europa League.

It's a numbers game but if Italian teams fail to match German teams in the next few years in terms of European results, Serie A will lose a place quite soon.

http://www.theoffside.com/world-football/how-the-bundesliga-could-take-serie-as-fourth-champions-league-spot.html

The commentators said this would happen if Inter didn't beat Barcelona, once the game was over they even said that whoever finishes 4th will have to thank Inter for getting them into the Champions League. Wonder which is right, bloody commentators always get mixed up.

In my game I am in 2027 and my own effort over the last 7 or so seasons as Evora of Portugal I have managed to get our coefficient up to have 3 Champions League teams which hasn't helped me, but has definitely helped Sporting, Porto & Benfica who have had to fight out for the other two spots after my 4 consecutive titles.

On fm08 with my Icelandic side Fram, I had enough shock results to help improve the leagues reputation to get it 2 CL spots after a few years of getting to and once even edging past the group stage. But as my players put in good performances at that level they were quickly snapped up by bigger teams and despite me still dominating in Iceland I couldn't sustain the earlier form and it dropped back to 1 after about 7 years.

On fm08 with my Icelandic side Fram, I had enough shock results to help improve the leagues reputation to get it 2 CL spots after a few years of getting to and once even edging past the group stage. But as my players put in good performances at that level they were quickly snapped up by bigger teams and despite me still dominating in Iceland I couldn't sustain the earlier form and it dropped back to 1 after about 7 years.

Fram? That's awesome :D I wasn't aware there was a team named after Fridtjof Nansen's ship :D

In 2025 in my game, its....

1st Italy

2nd Spain

3rd England

4th France

5th Holland (I'm managing Ajax :) )

Looks like England is about to drop a spot, Man City are reach final of the CL so that seems to be the only reason why there still there.

Plus Italy will be losing 14-odd points at the end of this season (where Liverpool fluked a win against Milan), and the season after 15-odd points where Milan won.

Wash yer mouth out.

Milan fluked a win against Liverpool in 2007.

Liverpool's victory over Milan was pure luck, as proven by their manager's poor record ever since. On my save (now 2015) Benitez is actually now down to a 'national' reputation after a string of sackings at Liverpool, Tottenham and Inter.

Which is why we got to the final two years later? And the semis the year after that? Even if you factor in this season our CL record since Benitez has been here is anything but poor.

You can saying winning on penalties is "pure luck", but i say that Liverpool have won 9 of their last 10 penalty shootouts.

You need to separate FM from real life mate.

Archived