Current wage total not decreasing?

I am managing Ebsfleet in the Blue Square Prem and every time I release a player to get him off the wage bill the current wage total stays the same. When I buy someone his wage is added to the wage total, which makes my wages sky high and I'm gonna get the sack soon!

I started a new game with Barnet using the latest update but the same thing happens. Is this a bug or am I missing something?

Thanks.

• SI Staff

I'm flying back to Florida this morning - will check into this when the plane lands (presuming I'm not asleep from Jetlag at that point).

Sorry for any inconvenience,

Marc

I've just noticed it does decrease, but it only shows you every thousand pounds. So for example, if the wage total is £14,000 and you release someone on £500 a week, it still shows £14,000. If you then release someone else on £400 a week it still shows £14,000, even though the total is now really £13,100. If you then release someone on £500 a week it finally shows £13,000 when it should really be showing £12,600.

So it only updates in thousand pound increments, which is very confusing. Especially at Ebsfleet where the players aren't earning much and so it can take quite a few releases to get The wage total down a thousand pounds.

• SI Staff
I've just noticed it does decrease, but it only shows you every thousand pounds. So for example, if the wage total is £14,000 and you release someone on £500 a week, it still shows £14,000. If you then release someone else on £400 a week it still shows £14,000, even though the total is now really £13,100. If you then release someone on £500 a week it finally shows £13,000 when it should really be showing £12,600.

So it only updates in thousand pound increments, which is very confusing. Especially at Ebsfleet where the players aren't earning much and so it can take quite a few releases to get The wage total down a thousand pounds.

I'll look at changing it so its more detailed for smaller clubs, reason it 'rounds' things is simply that displaying 435,214 pounds for a Premiership club looks messy .....

Archived