Carroll and Ameobi

Anyone played with Newcastle yet? These two are terrible no matter what you do in training! Has anyone else had bad experiences with these pair? Only start off with 1.5m with Newcastle so its hard to find a decent striker

Carroll was pretty good for me. Got Yannis Tafer on loan from Lyon to partner him, did a great job.

Glad you got more luck than me, after 12 games this was there record - Ameobi Pl 10 scored 1

Carroll Pl 12 scored 0

Bad news :(

I had some meagre success with Newcastle. Took me 7 years to win the Premier League with them, but first season I sold a lot of the first team, including the two you mention, and got promotion thanks to a lot of loan signings. The young Italian lad at Man U (can't remember his name) is good for 20-30 goals in the Championship. And I think you can loan Saivet first season, who is excellent at AMR in the Championship, although he can double as striker despite his poor finishing attribute.

Carroll netted around 30 goals for me with Newcastle in the CCC. I used him as a lone striker target man attack duty with two wingers proving the areal supply.

Ameobi was a solid back-up who also added around 10 goals. he played as an advanced forward when brought on.

For the EPL though you should look for other options as these two really don't cut it there.

I had some meagre success with Newcastle. Took me 7 years to win the Premier League with them, but first season I sold a lot of the first team, including the two you mention, and got promotion thanks to a lot of loan signings. The young Italian lad at Man U (can't remember his name) is good for 20-30 goals in the Championship. And I think you can loan Saivet first season, who is excellent at AMR in the Championship, although he can double as striker despite his poor finishing attribute.

Petrucci I bet. Sold him for £15m to Bayern after a couple of seasons, much better alternatives if you have the money. I just didn't give him enough of a chance in the first team.

Carroll and Ameobi were tough to manage. I quickly disliked them. Carroll did well in the Championship playing mainly from the bench through, but EPL, well, they fail.

Silly question, but have you tried asking for more transfer funds?

I started the game and had a transfer budget of 1 million which quickly got spent. On the 3rd game of the season I asked for a budget increase and they gave me another 5 million.

That said, both of them are good enough for me in the Championship, so I went for youth and built for the future.

In a side that starts with only the keeper changed (although 5 of my bench are new) I am unbeaten in 7 and conceded only 1.

Ameobi and Carroll are both starting in an attacking 4-1-2-3 / 4-1-2-2-1

I alternate between 3 strikers and 2 wide attacking midfielder and a lone striker.

Archived