Regens Nationalities

I am using FM 2008. Could someone explain to me please the deciding factors in the nationality of a regen please?

I have replaced all teams in Italian Serie C1 & C2 with top African clubs (ASEC, Hearts of Oak, Al Ahly), in order to have them in the game, and in order to make African national teams stronger now and in the future (with regens). However, 99% of the Regens produced are Italian. Is this inevitable as the teams have been placed within the Italian leagues, or is it to do with where the stadium is, or the reserve stadium, or are the nationalities of regens decided by the nationalities of the scouts employed by the clubs? Could someone let me know, percentage wise, how important certain factors are in deciding the nationalities of Regen players.

I notice that Cardiff and Swansea often get a lot of Welsh regens despite being in the English league...

Merci d'avance,

Dovus

X

I'd say it's because they're still in the Italian leagues. Though I don't know the exact reasoning. I mean, with Liverpool, I get the occasional foreign player in my youth set-up as my scouts are from there.

If you want to improve the African nations, have you tried using FMRTE to edit the African teams youth facilities, or can't you do that?

i think i saw a thread once that showed that the majority of regens come from from your stadium is. fm08 had very few foreign regens from what i remember, fm10 has more 2nd nationalities.

The regens comes mostly from the nation where the clubs stadium is located. If the African teams you put in the Italian league doesn't have stadiums in the database they'll get mostly Italian regens.

Archived