Stats, stats and more stats.

Hi all

I can guess your answer to this, but I'm going to risk it.....

I like playing a few different teams in my FM games at the same time (computer died on my old FM08 game, so now upgrading to FM2010 and a new machine!) - I find it fun to take on a team such as Liverpool, some unknown French club and one other. It makes the season long - but I like the variety. And I always hope that one day they'll all meet in the Champions League...

This is the sad bit. I do like to monitor the top players for each club and put their playing stats into excel to compare. Every player has to play at least 50 games for the club and I then record games played and have different tables for goals, scored, assists, goals and assists per game ratio and some goalkeeper stats too. I also do lists based on appearance, but increase the minimum to 100 games for the club. I update at the end of every season and sort, so I can see the top performers historically for each club and then who's the best of them all. I am harsh and only record stats from when I take over, so Carragher's stats take a bit of a hit....

Does anyone else bother with this kind of stuff? It would be something I'd like to see incorporated in a future FM, perhaps a Top10 in each area? I think it will give a better sense of history in career games. Not sure if anyone has heard of any utility to make this easier?

Cheers

Like your style!

I don't have time to do all that anymore but certainly used to.

I'd certainly advocate more stats in game, only recently I added an all time stats list request to the wishlist thread.

Excellent - good man!

Sad to work all day with spreadsheets and then work on more....

I used to do the same for training/development, export the stats, stick into excel and see where players were gaining or not. I found it qute handy, but gave up after a while as it took too long. I recall way back when that someone created a handy programme to do this for you. However, if you have a players with just one known name (i.e. Michel) then it couldn't tell them apart and went nuts (technical term). I think I was looking after a club in Brazil at the time, so it failed a lot.

I would love to see this sort of function introduced into the game.

Through my job I was lucky enough to see the full Opta Index stats for the Champs League Final last year and some of the things recorded are remarkable. For example, Iniesta only stopped moving completely for 8 seconds in the entire game. Don't even know how you'd measure that! If there was some way you could bring Opta and FM together to see who's pulling their weight and who isn't I think it would benefit everyone.

Archived