Influx of players

Anybody had like so many good young players come through the ranks, like you bought them when there were infants and now they're too old to play for the youth team, they matured into prodigies and are ready for some regular first team action, but you already have outstanding players in your first team.

I'm at crossroads cuz I dont want to sell the young players I've grown attached to but at the same time I dont need all these players on the main team (and i have no reserve league to send them to:()

I'm in the 14/15 season with Inter de Milano I've sent most of these young prodigies out on loan and like 1 or 2 I've kept in the main team, so this problem that I have is some what alleviated for at least this season

So what I'm trying to get at is, has anyone had this problem before and if so how did you solve it?

p.s. sorry for the long post, just wanted get this off my chest and into words

It happens with my Man City already in the 6th season. I bought so many quality regens and already my team is full of wonderkids fully developed. I'm always buying only 16-17 old players and develop them into wonderkids and later world-class players. That's my strategy since the 3rd season.

I've send many of my future stars on loan when they were 17-18 and when they came back they were ready for the 1st team. It's hard to keep'em all happy but I rotate big time so they all have a chance to play.

I have now in my 1st team 19 and 20 years old regens with CA between 170 and 190 and still improving. That's probably the favorite part of the game for me. Fast improving the high PA regens and make them reach their high potential before they're 20 or 21.

I only sell the players who don't reach their potential faster. Let's say a player has a PA of 195, and when he's 22 years he only has a CA between 150 and 160. He hasn't developed as I wanted him to do (because I didn't played him too much or I didn't send him on loan or tutoring went bad). That kind of player is probably a candidate for my transfer list.

I remember once started with A.C. Milan, and saw their reserve team it's massive. Considering that Inter has the same amount of players even after couple of seasons in the game I'm not surprised that you find it difficult to play them. Try setting up useful links with other clubs (leagues that are available in your game like Seria B or second league from some other country or even first divisions) then send them out to play first team football.

This way you can keep them happy, well trained with games under their belt.

At the moment i am playing in the lower leagues so i don't really have this problem but why don't you leave them in the reserves until they are a certain age maybe 18/19, send them out on loan until then and try to help them improve. When they reach the age of judgment work out in your own way if they are realistically going to break into the first team If so keep them as back up/rotation players and then gradually factor them into the team selling your older player when the youth have settled. If they are not going to make it sell them for a profit and move on to finding new players to fill your team with.

Anybody had like so many good young players come through the ranks, like you bought them when there were infants and now they're too old to play for the youth team, they matured into prodigies and are ready for some regular first team action, but you already have outstanding players in your first team.

I'm at crossroads cuz I dont want to sell the young players I've grown attached to but at the same time I dont need all these players on the main team (and i have no reserve league to send them to:()

I'm in the 14/15 season with Inter de Milano I've sent most of these young prodigies out on loan and like 1 or 2 I've kept in the main team, so this problem that I have is some what alleviated for at least this season

So what I'm trying to get at is, has anyone had this problem before and if so how did you solve it?

p.s. sorry for the long post, just wanted get this off my chest and into words

Happens to me with every team. I keep loaning out the youngsters and simply play them if/when they get as good or better than the current 1st teamers. Say; i have a 17yo prospect coming, and i have a 25yo 1st teamer. I loan out the youngster for like 5,6 years (maybe use as a backup, rotate at the best). Then the time has come and I sell the 30yo-31yo 1st teamer (if im really attached to him i keep him til he retires) and the "prospect" takes his place. Plain simple huh!

Get some good feeder clubs going and send a team of youngsters to take your feeder from league 1/Championship to the Prem. They will get a lot of good experience and it's also satisfying to see your youngsters dominate in a league.

I usually keep the players until they have been long enough to be eligible as Home Grown at Club then sell them on with a sell back clause.

Last season was really struggling to meet the Home Grown at Club for Europe with quality first team players and one of my former young superstars who couldn't get a game now fitted the bill.

Signed him back for peanuts and he's a first choice so killed two birds with one stone. Woo Hoo.

i havent had this yet, but i'm only 3rd season Man City, and i know its coming as i already rotate a fair bit and have a reasonably full youth/reserve team, and a dozen brazilians coming in over the next couple of seasons when they hit 18. i just hope their clubs havent screwed up their development :(

Get some good feeder clubs going and send a team of youngsters to take your feeder from league 1/Championship to the Prem. They will get a lot of good experience and it's also satisfying to see your youngsters dominate in a league.

I currently have 10 feeder clubs:

5 Italian clubs in the Serie B

1 English club Middlesbrough

4 various clubs; DC United, Racing Club, Atlante, & Okayama FC

;)

I tend not to have this problem because once I decide a young player is worthy of been a backup to the first team, and ready for games I sell the player in his way, or normally my players get unsettled by someone so I have to sell them and then decide the youngster can step up.

Im AZ in Holland last time I checked I had 23 wanted players, its a nightmare everytime the transfer window opens

If all of your younger players are that good and fully developed I would just sell my first team players. You will get a lot of money for them and you have paid nothing for your youth players. if you care about the finances side of the game it would be a great thing to do.

I buy at a young age (if they're good enough for my youth team) and let them grow there cuz in Italy they have an under-20 league so thats good.

And I dont only have a good team, I have a world-class team (I could really brag bout my team but not going too) but I do sell players that dont perform well over 2 seasons so that way the team doesn't get stale

I find it pretty fun to manage two teams at once, i.e adding another manager to a team in another league and then loaning out my players that need matches to that team. On one of my saves I managed both Liverpool and Napoli.

I find it pretty fun to manage two teams at once, i.e adding another manager to a team in another league and then loaning out my players that need matches to that team. On one of my saves I managed both Liverpool and Napoli.

Do you think its worth it? Cuz I tried managing Inter and Middlesbrough but it got boring managing 'Boro.

I'm thinking bout taking another crack at the 2 team managing thing again, though with a club with a bit more rep

Do you think its worth it? Cuz I tried managing Inter and Middlesbrough but it got boring managing 'Boro.

I'm thinking bout taking another crack at the 2 team managing thing again, though with a club with a bit more rep

I thought it was pretty fun. Liverpool was my main club but I had so many young players that got no games so I loaned them out to Napoli and turned them into a top team in italy. :D

Some players that didn't end up making it to the liverpool squad but still were pretty good was transfered to the other club permenantly as well.

I guess the ultimate thing is making the two best teams in the world and facing eachother in the CL final. :D

Archived