Most expensive seats ever?

I'm presently in the year 2074 (aged 96!) in FM09, having managed a bunch of teams to various levels of success.

Presently, I'm managing Tamworth. Taking it very slowly, I've managed to get to the championship, after 10 seasons working my way up the leagues. I've been very careful with money, as when I took over the club, they only had 4000 or so seats. Bit by bit, I had the odd million or two carefully saved at the end of each season, crossing my fingers for the expansion.

Sure enough, the board would agree with me and build a careful 1-2 thousand seats every other season or so.

So here I am, in 2074, with 9344 seats. Still makes it very hard to compete in the championship, but every seat helps, or so I thought. I see the news message pop up:

"stadium expansion plans announced". Cool, I thought. I had 3m in the bank, and was hoping for at least a couple of thousand more.

Reading the message: "The board has announced plans to expand the stadium by 156 seats. It is expected that this expansion will only take a short time to complete"

156!!!!! Sheesh. Still, better than nothing, and was only going to take a month to do - ready for the new season.

I looked how much this investment was going to cost me.

Finance page: Ground maintenance: £1,042,660. What the hell!! That's over £6,600 a seat. Hell, my ground only cost £700,000 to maintain over the course of the year.

What a crappy board decision. Bug?

btw, a regen scunthorpe are one of the best teams in the premier league in my save. I've never managed them O_o

maybe they expanded with things other than seats to increase revenue. use your imagination - a new club shop, a club museum, new locker rooms, etc. i believe "expansion" is pretty open to interpretation, especially when so many grounds have virtually no room to expand seat-wise as it is.

Well for starters nice achievement 2074 wow!!!

As others mentioned maybe you reached the maximum capacity. It might be also that the stadium is very old so to expand it you must build some additional structures hence the amount of money, but this is just theory so maybe a bug is the right word.

Hope SI can answer your question it interests me as well. (But they are very busy with fm11 so not much chance for this)

Presently, I'm managing Tamworth. Taking it very slowly, I've managed to get to the championship, after 10 seasons working my way up the leagues. I've been very careful with money, as when I took over the club, they only had 4000 or so seats. Bit by bit, I had the odd million or two carefully saved at the end of each season, crossing my fingers for the expansion.

You sir are a star, Tamworth flying high.

if had the same problem with fleetwood.. board decided to expand my stadium from 900 seats to 2000 seats which was fine a nice little improvement concidering my staduim is tiny compared to other teams in the league..

then i got into the championship and they expand again..i was thinking grand might get a decent staduim now.. they are planing 900 more seats thats all..

i managed just to balance the books by getting promoted and some highly paid friendlys and fa cup runs but now the board took out a 3 million bank loan to add 900 extra seats

Archived