Board agrees to expand stadium but Council blocks expansion ??

Has this happened to anyone ?? I am in 2015 with a ManUtd save. The board just agreed on a stadium expansion, but the council blocked the proposed expansion. This is a first time. Usually the board blocks any expansion stating that the local council will not allow an expansion, but it never happened that the board accepted the need for an expansion but the council blocked it..

Any thoughts anybody ?? What will the board/I do next ??

Nothing, unless your board agrees to build a new stadium.

Whats the criteria to build a new stadium ?? I mean, I know that you need to have good finances (something I dont :( ) And you need to have a demand of supporters wanting to get in, which I do have. So how much of good finances, and high demand do you need ?? Any ideas ??

How did they do that ? Bribe the Council officials ?? ;):p

iirc, the original objection was due to residents lobbying the council, so the council refused. The following year, I had 99% of capacity in the stadium used, and had a relatively successful season. Maybe they changed their minds?

Well Old Trafford can get 100.000 seats easily if I'm not mistaken, so try again, or eventually they will be a new stadium built for you.

The capacity is at 130k at the moment. And it always maxes out in the big derby games, Champs League nights... I need a bigger stadium and the stupid council is stopping me :(

The capacity is at 130k at the moment. And it always maxes out in the big derby games, Champs League nights... I need a bigger stadium and the stupid council is stopping me :(

I just hope SI will look seriously into this limitation for Football Manager 2011! This needs fixing! Does not make much sense to me!

Ideally, the stadium should be allowed to be expanded infinitely! :D

I just hope SI will look seriously into this limitation for Football Manager 2011! This needs fixing! Does not make much sense to me!

Ideally, the stadium should be allowed to be expanded infinitely! :D

Why, the game is following the situation in real life. Arsenal had to move to the Emirates as the local council wouldn't give permission to expand Highbury, due to location (in a residential area) and access. There is a similar situation with Liverpool and Everton, that is why they both want to move to Stanley Park (seperate stadiums), if they can get the money. As far as I can recall even Old Trafford hasn't got much room for expansion before the club would be forced to build a new stadium.

Just because you want to cheat your way through the game doesn't mean that SI should take out a realistic (and IMO a very good) area of the game.

• 1 year later...
Why, the game is following the situation in real life. Arsenal had to move to the Emirates as the local council wouldn't give permission to expand Highbury, due to location (in a residential area) and access. There is a similar situation with Liverpool and Everton, that is why they both want to move to Stanley Park (seperate stadiums), if they can get the money. As far as I can recall even Old Trafford hasn't got much room for expansion before the club would be forced to build a new stadium.

Just because you want to cheat your way through the game doesn't mean that SI should take out a realistic (and IMO a very good) area of the game.

well if u want to be realistic im fine with it.. at least let us have the chance to edit whether a particular stadium can be expanded or not in the editor!! currently it is almost a blanket blockage of stadium expansion everywhere.. talk about realistic.. huh huh...

Archived