Transfer fee problems

So Im in the summer with Seville, trying to buy Diego Tardelli, and my bids up to about £20m are all rejected. (He still played in Brazil). A week later Stuttgart sign him for £5.5m. I remember this kind of thing happenning on FM08 as well and I consider it quite a major bug as it makes the game quite ridiculous. Is this common? Are SI going to sort it out?

Falahk may be right.

Also do you have any 'issues' with his old manager?

Maybe he just didn't like the look of Seville (not sure why, beautiful city) or maybe Stuttgart have friends of his playing for them?

There are many reasons that could be in play here.

That doesn't change the fact that the transfer model still needs tweaking, however it is also clear that it is probably one of the most complex parts of the game to program and has got better over the years. The major problem with the transfer system is that it probably works well until you add the unknown 'human' manager factor into the game.

These could all be facotrs I suppose but its still unrealistic and also extremeley frustating to see it happen as nothing could make this much difference to the club - the player maybe with rivals and stuff but not the club selling.

Falahk may be right.

Maybe he just didn't like the look of Seville (not sure why, beautiful city) or maybe Stuttgart have friends of his playing for them?

That doesn't change the fact that the transfer model still needs tweaking, however it is also clear that it is probably one of the most complex parts of the game to program and has got better over the years. The major problem with the transfer system is that it probably works well until you add the unknown 'human' manager factor into the game.

In all honesty that doesn't explain why the bids were rejected by the club. Surely they would accept and then player would be the one to reject on personal reasons, especially if the club are willing accept an offer at nearly a quarter of the bid a week later.

I also don't follow how a player can become unsettled and sold for so much less in a week. The club would almost certainly go back to Sevilla if that was the case and offer him back at that price again (20m) or a little less.

It's either a bug, or as been said before, there are other clauses in place which means the overall deal offered by Stuttgart was better than the original bids from Sevilla.

Falahk may be right.

This bit might explain why the bid was not accepted.

If you were to find the news item stating he has been sold, it should say if clauses were involved (Won't say which ones though)

If you can't find the news item, then you could only find out by putting yourself as manager of stuttgart to have a look

transfer could rise to £7.5m only, no problems. Hasn't anyone else had this problem? I'm sure i've seen it a few times but this one really took the biscuit

You say there was a difference of a week did that week cover an important timeframe at all, eg:

A) End of season in Europe

B) End of season in Brazil

C) Less than a year to go on his contract

Also look to see if he has any favoured players or staff at Stuttgart.

This bit might explain why the bid was not accepted.

I understand this happens in the game and its a good suggestion but I think if the selling manager did this IRL he would either be shot on the spot or sent to his nearest funny farm to have his head tested.

I know managers IRL dont like each other and a manager may not like certain clubs but has there been any manager in history that has turned down an extra £15m just because they dont like the manager/club.

If a manager IRL sold a player for £5m a week after being offered £20m, it would be good seeing whether the fans or the board got to him first and hung him from a tree by his knackers.

Its not just the fact that its a completely stupid thing to do. You could maybe understand it if it was a rival team and he sold to another team for £2-3m less but this clearly isnt the case.

What else doesnt make sense is that if a manager knows he's selling a player, he wants the most money possible to buy a replacement or maybe strengthen the squad more.

Personal feuds may come into it to a certain extent but things of this proportion are completely wrong to me and possibly some kind of bug. It could be as simple as what Cougar 2010 has said and be a cross over in season changes and contract lengths. if thats the case then the OP has been very very unlucky.

That being said though, should we not expect the AI to pick up on this before hand and not wait till the in game clock decides to do something about it.

Archived