what makes you feel pride?

Ok i am woundering what makes everyone proud on FM?

Is it that winning the league title that you have deserved for years?

Is it your player who you bought for £5k off some bum team that your scout laughed at getting his first cap?

Or somthing else??

I would like to know.

Mine is when i started as Maderia manager, i needed a left back, over my first two seasons i signed three so i had streth in depth. One of them is Jose Goncalves and David Murphy. Murphy is now on the brink of the England squad since his move to Portugal from hibs however the return home of Goncalves allowed his national manager to see him on a regular basis. He earnd his first cap. I became favored personell and although hes now moved to Real Betis actually costing me a loss of money he has became a first team international, and im still his favored personell. Probably the proudest moment of my FM career considering his rival for the role was far better stat wise.

Ok i am woundering what makes everyone proud on FM?

Is it that winning the league title that you have deserved for years?

Is it your player who you bought for £5k off some bum team that your scout laughed at getting his first cap?

Or somthing else??

I would like to know.

Mine is when i started as Maderia manager, i needed a left back, over my first two seasons i signed three so i had streth in depth. One of them is Jose Goncalves and David Murphy. Murphy is now on the brink of the England squad since his move to Portugal from hibs however the return home of Goncalves allowed his national manager to see him on a regular basis. He earnd his first cap. I became favored personell and although hes now moved to Real Betis actually costing me a loss of money he has became a first team international, and im still his favored personell. Probably the proudest moment of my FM career considering his rival for the role was far better stat wise.

Whenever I beat Arsenal with Spurs icon_biggrin.gif

In my Cambridge game though, I signed a player on a free transfer, turned out in the first season he was my star striker helping us gain promotion to League 2.

During our season in League 2, he got called up to the USA squad, and said that I was to thank for him getting the call up. I am now in his favoured personnel list and he is in the clubs favoured personnel

Winning the FA Cup with QPR in the third season despite being huge underdogs in the match odds knocking out Man Utd and Chelsea. Then beating Arsenal in the final 1-0 AET thanks to a Zarate goal. Gotta love that guy.

Winning the league this season when I was happy to get 4th place again.

But best feeling is having your own youth player make it through the ranks to become a regular for you and their country. Especially on this version as development takes so long.

Joe Rogers for England!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by route1:

But best feeling is having your own youth player make it through the ranks to become a regular for you and their country. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Totally agree icon14.gif

And I also feel proud when I finally win the league after 6 seasons when I started off as a relegation battler icon_wink.gif

when you're playing a bunch of youth development players because you have an injury crisis, against rangers, the Right back scoring a 30 yarder from sheer luck, the striker forming a great partnership with the AMC and the goalkeeper playing the game of his life.

Craig french and mark christie for Scotland!

Stefan Cerar for Slovenia!

winning my first ever quadruple with Liverpool (i did it last night) and to top it off, went the entire season no loosing a single game in all competitions!

At 61 games unbeaten and eyeing down the record!

oh, also, beating Everton 7-nil at Everton, ah, i saved the game and have watched it many times over!

when your young U18 regan(which for a bizare coincidence you have been training personaly, and telling him to learn from all ur gd sttikers) scores a hatrick against chelsea in FA cup final, when you were 2-0 down and thought that all hope was lost,

Winning the Champions League with Icelandic club Grindavik, dominating Europe with a team of entirely Scots, at least half from my own youth academy with Ross County (although it was CM03/04 so it doesn't really count icon_razz.gif) and winning the SPL with Kilmarnock at the 8th time of asking after 7 top 4 finishes, but not a single trophy prior to that 8th season when we actually won the treble. Those are the most obvious things that make me proud, as well as taking Whitley Bay up the leagues to the Premiership, but that's pretty standard stuff anyway.

Then there are, I'm sure, plenty of small things that make me proud in individual games or with individual players, but they are too many and too small to include!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by x42bn6:

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/575/redcard02ac8.jpg (as Xerez)

http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/4974/derbycounty02la5.jpg (as Derby County)

Take your pick. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You bribed the ref! No kidding! icon_biggrin.gif

As for me, nothing satisfies me more than beating Chester over and over and um... over again! They friggin fired me! And now, I'm doing so much better than them! Bwahahaha! (Evil laugh)

This makes me feel proud

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p52/wozza_1987/CFC-1.jpg

I got Chesterfield to league 1 in my 2nd seaso in charge, and in my 3rd season (1st in league 1) I'm currently 2nd after 6 games when I'm supposed to be doomed for relelgation..

And this is my squad...

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p52/wozza_1987/CFC2.jpg

Not bad when I have no money to spend, I love free's!! Championship here I come!! (Hopefully icon_smile.gif)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Neji:

When I realise that a young player Ive had for a while is going to make it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Absolutely. It's finding, hanging onto and nurturing that youngster who turns into a superstar icon_smile.gif

Singing a 19yr old Chelsea reject called Neil Milton for my Blue Sq prem Hitchin side and watching him score 300 league goals for us, including a Hat-trick in the championship play off final.

Actually the momment that made me the most proud was when he became my assitant manager after retiring from playing and subsequently leaving Hitchin when i was sacked to follow me to Arsenal. Its the closest to an imaginary friend that i have ever had icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by giblets_of_fire:

Singing a 19yr old Chelsea reject called Neil Milton for my Blue Sq prem Hitchin side and watching him score 300 league goals for us, including a Hat-trick in the championship play off final.

Actually the momment that made me the most proud was when he became my assitant manager after retiring from playing and subsequently leaving Hitchin when i was sacked to follow me to Arsenal. Its the closest to an imaginary friend that i have ever had icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is so so sweet. Creepy, but sweet icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by giblets_of_fire:

Actually the momment that made me the most proud was when he became my assitant manager after retiring from playing and subsequently leaving Hitchin when i was sacked to follow me to Arsenal. Its the closest to an imaginary friend that i have ever had icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This post has made my day. Never read something this amusing.

Archived