Can't get shots on target or score goals

I'm playing as Shakhtar and almost every match I outclass the opposition but I always struggle to win. Here's some of my results

0-1 FC Timisoara They had 7 shots 4 on target I had 20 shots 9 on target

1-2 Arsenal Kiev They had 9, 5 on target I had 20 and 5 on target

1-1 Zorya They ahd 5, 1 on target I had 23 and 6 on target

1-1 Obolon They had 7, 3 on target I had 21 with 5 on target

0-0 Vorskla They had 7, 1 on target I had 22 with 4 on target.

And most of the other matches I struggle to a 1-0 or 2-1 win also having 20+ shots on goal while the other team usually have less than 5. I've tried lots of different formations with players in different positions and nothing seems to work. My main strikers are Almeida who has 17 scoring ability and Ronaldo who has 19 scoring ability. I also have a few others who have 15+ scoring ability.

Infact the only times I recall deserving to lose or draw was once against Dinamo Kiev and again against Real Madrid and Barcelona in the Champions League.

So any suggestions? Help much appreciated.

Moving long shots to "Rarely" won't fix your problem and is just attempting to plaster over the issue.

Players take long shots when they have no other option, fix the source of your problem and players will take less long shots.

Look at why they are taking long shots, where are their passing options, which players should be making themselves available for a pass.

Give your players more time on the ball, play wider, more through balls, keep possession, wait for a chance to develop.

Its difficult to give good specific advice without seeing a match, maybe upload a pkm.

Of course it would help the problem, if the slider for each player is maxed out for long shots (which in some player roles IS the case) they will take long shots whenever possible right? I used to have this problem, over 60% of my shots would be from long range, which wasnt a problem in the early stages of FM10 as you probably know, players with a stat of 2 for long shots would score 40 yard screamers every match..But on 10.3, its vary rare to score them, unless of course you have superstars at your club..But now i have moved them down to rarely (apart from my complete striker), i only have 2-5 long shots per game..

So in my case, it did fix the problem instantly..

Cheers for the help everyone. I put the long shots down to rarely and in my last 4 games I've got about 75% of my shots on target:). Just to think I spent the whole season wondering what I was doing wrong and the problem was so easy to fix. Thanks again:thup:

Archived