iPod-world cup

I thought with the world cup coming in the next few weeks that I would make a interesting disscussion topic and see how the world cup has played out in everyone games.

So far I am only to the point where qualifying has ended and the draw has been made and the only suprise thus far has been England not qualifying (lost to Turkey in the playoff).

What about everyone else? How has the world cup played out in your games? Any suprise winners?

• SI Staff

Brazil won it in my current game, beating Argentina 2-0.

England under-performed and didn't progress beyond the group stage after going out while Ghana and Brazil qualified from that group (a 4-0 defeat at the hands of Brazil in their final match ensured they didn't progress despite being on equal points to Ghana).

Other European countries achievements:

Italy - Semi-Final (Beaten by Brazil 2-0)

France - Quarter Final (Beaten by Argentina 4-1)

Spain - Quarter Final (Beaten by Brazil 4-2)

Germany - 2nd Round (Beaten by Argentina 3-1)

Holland - 2nd Round (Beaten by France 2-1)

Portugal - Knockout Stage

PS - After the tournament Joe Hart seems to have claimed the England keepers jersey as a fixture ... Bobby Zamora still hasn't had a call up yet though :(

In my game Holland won the World Cup (I can't see who they beat in the final) and the European Championship (beating Italy e2-1). I've seen a few odd results, Malta beat Spain 5-1 and Belarus beat Italy 5-1

My mate had Greece win the World Cup in his game, not sure about the path they took to get there.

Has anyone ever won more than 5-0? I seem to be limited to that scoreline even if I hit it before halftime. Chelsea have beaten Wigan 6-0 though.

• SI Staff

Just to confirm there ISNT an artificial 'cap' on the goals which can be scored - but as you'd expect truly outrageous score-lines are fairly rare .... same as irl.

(my Brighton side won a match 6-1 today actually :D)

Archived