Noticed a worrying trend for smaller national teams

I've been managing Legia for about 4 years now and i've won the Polish League and the FA Cup for the past 2 seasons. Throughout the whole of last season I didn't have a single player in the Polish team which includes...

- My 21 assist midfield captain

- My 15 goal 21 y/o striker

- My CB who had an average rating of 7.22 in 29 games

- My right back who had an average rating of 7.25 in 28 games.

Not even one call-up for a double-winning team in friendlies or anything. I've took a screenie of the current Poland squad and checked the current players based in Poland.

http://i46.tinypic.com/e8mib4.png

As you can tell I finally managed to get my captain called-up and he actually came on as a 82nd minute sub (hurrah). Aside from him, 1 other Polish-based player. It's simply not enough.

In stark contrast, if you look at the recent real-life Poland squad you'll see that there is at least 12 players based in Poland. Something is going wrong somewhere with our players being constantly overlooked.

I've noticed also that as soon as these players move abroad they seem to walk into the team.

I just glanced over this but it seems to me that most of the IRL Poland based players are still there in the squad, they just moved abroad in game. You can't really complain with that imo unless are better players based in Poland who should be in ahead of them?

Most of them started their careers in Poland. As I said, as soon as they moved abroad they just seemed to walk into the team and stay there no matter what their form was like.

Still doesn't explain my other 3 players who can't seem to buy a place in the team. Before I started, my CB had already won 3 caps and he was about 21. He's in the form of his life but cant get back in. There is another player who plays for Lech who had about 8 caps before the game started. He moved for about £4m to another Polish team and is having an excellent season but hasn't had a call up for years.

Also, to pick up on DeadZone's comment, I do think that too many players from smaller leagues are picked up by bigger teams to the extent where you see national teams with an almost all foreign-based squad. Would it happen if we had variable league rep? I doubt it.

Also, to pick up on DeadZone's comment, I do think that too many players from smaller leagues are picked up by bigger teams to the extent where you see national teams with an almost all foreign-based squad. Would it happen if we had variable league rep? I doubt it.

Tbh, I think it still would have the same situation (as much as I want variable league reps)

The problem is, the game bases too much of its choices on reputation

Alot of players who IRL could be at better teams will stay for various reasons (prefer to stay home, will only move to teams where they will be more than bench warmers, etc), but in the game will move 95% of time without hesitation if an offer comes in

The problem is, the game bases too much of its choices on reputation...

I get the sense this is at the root of the problem. Reputation should be a major consideration, but so should wage/bonus, playing time (and potential for future playing time), training facilities, home/personal preferences, and probably others. Perhaps these are taken into consideration, but perhaps its the weighting that's off... A good point for discussion.

Archived