Manager reputation - unrealistic?

I've not got many gripes with the game - I love it. But on my current save, I managed to get "world class" reputation extremely easily.

1st season - With Sao Paulo. Came 2nd in League

2nd season - won the state championship

3rd season - Udinese, came 9th in Serie A

4th season - came 3rd in the world cup with Czech republic

Offerred the Spurs job and I am suddenly world class without winning a single major trophy.

I'm not complainign but isn't it a bit unrealistic?

I've not got many gripes with the game - I love it. But on my current save, I managed to get "world class" reputation extremely easily.

1st season - With Sao Paulo. Came 2nd in League

2nd season - won the state championship

3rd season - Udinese, came 9th in Serie A

4th season - came 3rd in the world cup with Czech republic

Offerred the Spurs job and I am suddenly world class without winning a single major trophy.

I'm not complainign but isn't it a bit unrealistic?

What was your starting reputation?

Yep do what I do and start as Automatic to make it more realistic. Then you will appreciate it more when you finally reach World Class.

Isn't Sunday League footballer reputation more realistic? Or is automatic reputation lower when you choose lower leagues and tiers?

Automatic is when your reputation is based on who you start with. Not 100% sure but IIRC, when you start with a club such as Chelsea with "automatic" set for your reputation, you'll begin with regional or national

No sunday league is actually a repuation for playing soccer so you will be known by some but Automatic is no experience at all.

Automatic takes the reputation of the lowest league so a lot of the time it will be better than Sunday League.

Sunday League should be the very bare minimum.

I've played Sunday League and I'm known by absolutely no one.

I went to World Class in less than 4 years with Everton as "Sunday Footballer"

Year 1 - Carling Cup Winners - Prem 5th Place

Year 2 - No Trophies - Prem 4th Place (5th Place won CL, so only qualified for Europa)

Year 3 - Europa League Winners - Prem 4th Place (Got into CL this time though)

Year 4 - FA Cup Winner - Prem 3rd Place

By this time I'm already considered World Class

So year, I think it goes abit quick

But then I also turned Everton into the 6th richest team in the world, made over £140m in selling players in those 4 years

I went to World Class in less than 4 years with Everton as "Sunday Footballer"

Year 1 - Carling Cup Winners - Prem 5th Place

Year 2 - No Trophies - Prem 4th Place (5th Place won CL, so only qualified for Europa)

Year 3 - Europa League Winners - Prem 4th Place (Got into CL this time though)

Year 4 - FA Cup Winner - Prem 3rd Place

By this time I'm already considered World Class

So year, I think it goes abit quick

But then I also turned Everton into the 6th richest team in the world, made over £140m in selling players in those 4 years

But thats because you started with Everton, of course your rep will instantly go up..Theres no way in RL that a sunday footballer would be given the chance to manage Everton with his 1st job..

Yeah sunday league is the lowest you can start off. If you started with automatic and went to a team in level 8 of the league pyramid for example, I think you'd start with the sunday league rep. Not sure though

But thats because you started with Everton, of course your rep will instantly go up..Theres no way in RL that a sunday footballer would be given the chance to manage Everton with his 1st job..

I've started again with the same settings, and my reputation starts as Unproven, using FMRTE, my actual reps are: 1500,1500,750

Which is pretty low considering the max for each is 10,000

Regarding automatic reputation: I'm in the year 2030 and my first manager on the save became old, so I retired him. I added a new manager with automatic rep into the game. I was offered the position at 10th tier side Curzon Ashton in August 2030. I accept the position, and by October 2030, im linked with the Blackpool job in League 2.

I think this is unrealstic....

I haven't done anything spectacular with Curzon, 6th place after 14 games.

So automatic repuatation can't be the lowest!

I've started again with the same settings, and my reputation starts as Unproven, using FMRTE, my actual reps are: 1500,1500,750

Which is pretty low considering the max for each is 10,000

Yes i agree that is low, but if your playing top flight football in a hig rep league its only going to take a season to get that rep right up..Try starting as a lower league team or unemployed and see how long it takes to raise..Then it wouldnt be unrealistic..

Regarding automatic reputation: I'm in the year 2030 and my first manager on the save became old, so I retired him. I added a new manager with automatic rep into the game. I was offered the position at 10th tier side Curzon Ashton in August 2030. I accept the position, and by October 2030, im linked with the Blackpool job in League 2.

Its not, sunday footballer is..

I understand what you're getting at Pompey

But, getting to "World Class" without actually achieving much is silly... regardless

For my achievements, I would expect National, maybe even stretching to low Continental, max

Sure, if I have won the premier league once or twice, or even the Champs League, but I haven't so to me, it's abit silly to get so high without actually achieving anything major (Even with the 3 trophies I have won, max should still be continental personally)

Simply put, I shouldn't have such a high rep simply for competing in the best competitions when I've yet to win them

It's not like I've just taken a relegation candidate and turned them into a regular Champs League team

To the game Everton is already seen as top 6 potential with regular Europa League appearances, so getting 3 cups and getting them into the champs league once is hardly a major achievement (ok, maybe the cup wins is a little, but I digress)

I hope you understand the [Long Winded] point I'm getting at, it's early hours of the morning and the wife wants me in bed so my mind isn't working properly atm lol

Yeah i do understand what you're saying now, sorry i didnt quite get it earlier on today lol..But what i think has made it raise so quickly for you is that you won the Europa League..Im pretty sure before that win, you're rep would of only been national, of course i could be wrong though..What i do know is by winning the Europa League and qualifiying for CL, that will automatically raise you're rep to continental, just like it would do for any manager IRL..But the million dollar question is, how did it jump from continental to world class in such a short time, that i have no idea lol..

I would love to know exactly how many "rep points" you gain for each win in the Premier league, domestic cups and so on..I may just have to download FMRTE and start a new game for the sole purpose of finding this out..Once ive done this (in the next day or two), i will post back here with the results :thup:

I was recently playing with Charlton Athletic and managed to achieve successive promotions back to EPL. My own reputation, which started at National, went up to World Class, just like that. Found this to be rather surprising. I honestly can't think of any real life manager who had achieved a similar goal and was heralded as world class. Surely one would need to actually win some trophies, or at least get sufficiently far in a prestigious competition, such the World Cup or CL to be given such recognition.

10th tier? How's that possible? sorry to be off topic

Archived