Does Managerial reputation change if you fail at a job?

If you fail to qualify for the world cup at a leading nation or fail spectacularly at a big club, does this make other teams less likely to hire you?

Would your reputation fall from world class or continental, even though I suppose you would be just as famous?

Anyone know what the repercussions of failure are in FM?

I'm guessing you mean:

When your already at a club, as well as an international team? So for example, if your successful winning La Liga for 2 years running, and in between you were also Spain manager, but failed to qualify for the Euro's... Then would your rep go down?

Otherwise if you mean solely on the basis of being the manager of a club/country and doing poorly, then of course your reputation will go down :D

To my knowledge it does. If you go and do really well by taking a lower league club to the Premiership etc, then go and take another club over and do poor with mid-table finishes, failing to win the league, failing to prevent relegation etc I would imagine that your reputation would change for the worse.

I know if I was a chairman I'd be reluctant to hire people with more relegations than not on their CV.

Reputation often changes.

Winning matches, titles and cups (all at any level) make it go up.

Losing matches make it go down.

The amount of the change varies by the level of hype over that particular event.

Winning the EPL title is worth more rep-gain than winning the BSN title.

Winning the World Cup is worth more rep-gain than winning the FA Trophy.

Losing an EPL match is worth more rep-loss than losing a L2 match.

Archived