What are the biggest problems in fm at present.

My only gripe is that once I get a team to a certain level, I find I can win the domestic title with ease, by 25 points some times. I do not remember it being that easy in previous saves.

Then its time to move clubs and take on a new challenge no?

I tend to start a new save at that point. I am toying with some Lower League stuff at the moment, but struggling to get into it, which is weird as that is where I normally start all my saves.

But that does not address the origional question, which was 'what are the biggest problems in FM at the moment'.

Which in my opinion is that the game gets ridiculously easy once you have a team built that is slightly better than the other teams in the League. This is the same issue which allowed me to take Aston Villa to 2nd in the League with 4 new signings in season one, with 2 of those signings coming in the January window.

But I have youth players that I am trying to develop too. I don't want to leave a club that I've spent 10 seasons finding and developing youth.

The challenge I put up to myself is to develop the youth and get them into the first team.

I sell off the 30 + year olds to make way. And in no time I can get the club worth €1bn

That's the challenge I go for. Getting to the billion mark. Once I get that I move on.

Usually my transfer budget is around €200m a season.But I buy cheap and sell for lots of money.

I tend to start a new save at that point. I am toying with some Lower League stuff at the moment, but struggling to get into it, which is weird as that is where I normally start all my saves.

But that does not address the origional question, which was 'what are the biggest problems in FM at the moment'.

Which in my opinion is that the game gets ridiculously easy once you have a team built that is slightly better than the other teams in the League. This is the same issue which allowed me to take Aston Villa to 2nd in the League with 4 new signings in season one, with 2 of those signings coming in the January window.

You tried managing at international level yet? that could be a challenge I guess.

You tried managing at international level yet? that could be a challenge I guess.

England u21 manager for 7 years, then got the England job just about the same time I stopped with that save (I may go back at some point).

In the current Aston Villa game I got the Ivory Coast job in season one and got 4th place in the World Cup. Only injuries and penalties stopped me getting to the final.

It is a bit more of the challenge, it forces you to up your game to find all the correct players for your system.

England u21 manager for 7 years, then got the England job just about the same time I stopped with that save (I may go back at some point).

In the current Aston Villa game I got the Ivory Coast job in season one and got 4th place in the World Cup. Only injuries and penalties stopped me getting to the final.

It is a bit more of the challenge, it forces you to up your game to find all the correct players for your system.

I need to stop talking about the game its killing me not being able to play :(

BUT

The issue is still there. It's too easy to succeed at bigger clubs.

You don't get Mourinho or Ferguson thinking of managing a smaller club as they are challenged.

We're not.

And this needs addressing. The only way I can see is bettering the AI in the transfer market so teams actually build top squads.

My only gripe is that once I get a team to a certain level, I find I can win the domestic title with ease, by 25 points some times. I do not remember it being that easy in previous saves.

I think that's it.

AI is very bad in long-term team building. While the human players is constantly looking to improve his team, the AI teams tend to become weaker as time goes on.

For example, in my current game, in 2016 there were Akinfevev, Lloris and Delac (a Chelsea young goalkeeper who developed into world class) all on free transfers in the summer. Not a single team (except me) made a move for them :(

FM11 will have gardening leave when a manager applies for another job or approached for a job without the directors knowing and you being caught, then the rest will be decided over a 2 week period in compensation and other things.

I think that's it.

AI is very bad in long-term team building. While the human players is constantly looking to improve his team, the AI teams tend to become weaker as time goes on.

For example, in my current game, in 2016 there were Akinfevev, Lloris and Delac (a Chelsea young goalkeeper who developed into world class) all on free transfers in the summer. Not a single team (except me) made a move for them :(

Yeah, the flaws in the long term game are my biggest problem. The AI is a major issue (though it does slowly seem to be getting better), but other things like static league reputations and so on also hurt lenghty "career" games.

A change in AI decision making, a factor that links to a number of comments here already.

Currently it largely seems to be based on reputation. So international managers will pick a miserable misfiring Darren Bent over my 25-goals-by-Xmas 22year-old newgen striker. And AI managers bidding for a player based on form and attributes rather than reputation should also help them build better teams, and develop youth better. Yes, this year they BUY plenty of good youngsters, but rarely do they make the grade. Only newgens from within the big clubs seem to go on to anything like their "real" equivilents.

Also, from a player point of view, a red-hot player will join 7th placed Liverpool for less money than a Leeds United team that just finished 2nd (and has been in the CL three years running) and is offering more than Liverpool in wages. Unless the player is a lifelong Reds fan, it's doubtful he'd go there. IRL, the Leeds team would be a much better proposition, but because club reputation is essentially a number rather than a list of achievements, players end up at the wrong club.

My final bug bear is the limited contract options. Many a time I've been able to get a player to come to a non-top-flight club by offering a zero non-promotion release clause. Bit of a gamble, but hey. I'd like more like this. Rumour has it that Michael Owen's Newcastle contract had a clause that said if a Champions League-qualified club offered £xx-million then he could leave.

There are are thousands of real life leagues out there in the world today and Football Manager contains only a fraction of the footballing world. This is the biggest problem facing FM today.....the lack of leagues!

My dream is for FM to become an encyclopedic knowledge of football covering ALL the leagues of the world including low tier ones from obscure nations like Nigeria, Fiji and South Africa! If SI manages to bring about this mammoth task and also include ALL the 21 tiers of English Football league, I would be a happy man! Not only that, they should also include ALL the other tiers as well from New Zealand to Namibia!

Will this happen during our lifetime?

Only time will tell my friends, only time will tell!

:)

Yeah, the flaws in the long term game are my biggest problem. The AI is a major issue (though it does slowly seem to be getting better), but other things like static league reputations and so on also hurt lenghty "career" games.

Yes, a static league reputation is the biggest flaw in the game! It gives no chance of a minnow nation like Singapore in attracting world class players with big reputations! :(

I think that's it.

^--- This!

Personally I find the following bug to be utterly annoying and it frustrates me that I(?) found it too late for it to be fixed in the last patch. :mad:

I just had my first occurrance of this bug in 10.3. It is the 3rd time the same scenario has happened and the result is always the same.

1. The CPU team gets a man sent off.

2. Any subsequently injured players on the CPU team will not be replaced regardless of how many subs they have left. They will however keep subing players still on the field as usual.

It's not exactly a situation that occurrs every other game, but I am still surprised that not more ppl has picked up on this. Gimmie a shout if you want the pkm as it is just more of the same from before.

Yes, a static league reputation is the biggest flaw in the game! It gives no chance of a minnow nation like Singapore in attracting world class players with big reputations! :(

I could not agree anymore with this! That and the poor decision making by the AI in the transfer market are the only two major gripes i have with FM atm..

I will state a list of such, even though some will come out as ideas.

- Increase AI in corners to prevent tricks. There is one atm, that using the right players can bring you up to 1 to 6 goals per match. I stopped using it, not funny anymore. Arturo Vidal scored 36 goals that way and it's not even the end of the season. This trick make any relegation team look like a powerhouse against the likes of Chelsea.

- More realistic movements. For years that they haven't solved the surreal aspect of a player reaching the goal line, go back and outline the defense to the front of penalty area until getting a clear shot. Looks so unnatural and dumb. Another nice fix would be adjusting the angle of the ball to the player. Sometimes a "only right" foot player makes dangerous shots when the ball was definitely more to the left side of his body.

There are more, alot more.

- Add random events associated to the professionalism of the players, family matters (more than the current) and all of that is somewhat interconnected to what we have to say to the media. Mind games vs other managers need to have another sort of appeal, a better reward too.

- The staff thing is annoying. No staff goes public to admit he wants to go to X club out of the blue. The search of that area for new and talented ones is freaking boring and unneeded. I use Genie Scout for that now (and solely).

- More statistics in History of a player other than just the League.

- After achieving success with a given club in Portugal, nothing seems to change much. The sponsors (wether by club or league) only reach to a certain amount and so does attendance. Even if I win inumerous european trophies in a row to be the richest club in the world. For real, they need to adress that the sucess in european competitions should reflect on the competitiveness of the league and its mediatization. At least, after 20 seasons in Portugal something must to give, no?

- This is optional, but I think that managers that invest in infra-structures rather than team (depending of the board's profile) - long-term over short-term - could be rewarded with packets of investment. Meaning that McDonnald's is willing to inject X millions in 2 or 3 seasons in a consistent top european club. Like the same way some big yet not very known company is willing to spend X millions on a promising club. There could be another criteria other than just infra-structures, value + mediatization of players and coach history, but simply applying to a given area of the game would be nice. It would give us better control of the sponsorships (other than just the basic) coming our way.

- AI clubs are not that good at long-term building the squad. It's quite easy to snatch the best players (even ones free of contract). It's beyond me how Benfica in season 2 is able to sign Ruben de lá Red in favour of M. City, Artem Milavskyi of AC Milan and Davide di Gennaro of Lazio.

- These last two take me to the General Manager role. These guys should have attributes as they're the ones who pull off some brilliant signings. It would influence how much we pay and attract players other than just the dimension of the institution. Perhaps including the financial search that I mentioned before, but that wouldn't be too realistic I guess.

Archived