Motivational Training - Can it backfire?

Just wondered if anyone knows if there's a negative effect from Intensive Motivational training? I've just switched all my training regimes to Intensive Motivational and within a couple of weeks five of my Norwich squad players (not first teamers) have become unhappy with not playing regular first team football and have asked to be transfer listed!

Perhaps it's just a coincidence, but I was thinking that maybe they're all now TOO motivated to want to be playing first team football?! (The team itself is in the playoff places so they're not unhappy cos the side is doing poorly.)

If it is just a coincidence, and there's no side effect, then why wouldn't you do Intense Motivational training all the time??! It's not going to make your players physically tired, and surely you can only benefit from having your players always well motivated and mentally well prepared??

Any insight welcome...

Just wondered if anyone knows if there's a negative effect from Intensive Motivational training? I've just switched all my training regimes to Intensive Motivational and within a couple of weeks five of my Norwich squad players (not first teamers) have become unhappy with not playing regular first team football and have asked to be transfer listed!

Perhaps it's just a coincidence, but I was thinking that maybe they're all now TOO motivated to want to be playing first team football?! (The team itself is in the playoff places so they're not unhappy cos the side is doing poorly.)

If it is just a coincidence, and there's no side effect, then why wouldn't you do Intense Motivational training all the time??! It's not going to make your players physically tired, and surely you can only benefit from having your players always well motivated and mentally well prepared??

Any insight welcome...

Yep, that was what I was trying to get at. Perhaps it was just a coincidence, but I thought my players might be so super motivated to play football that they were quickly getting the hump when they weren't being selected in the first 11!

If it is a coincidence then maybe the game needs tweaking, or perhaps my players hate living in Norwich, but most of the players who aren't playing every week (those above teenage years, anyway) want to leave!!

Archived