Interest laughed of...WHY???

Where are Posh? It might seem strange but if they are massively lower down the ladder and you are on a long term, high wages contract, then they would laugh off the suggested interest as a tabloid joke, like if the Sun came out in the morning saying that Alex Ferguson was interested in the Burton Albion job.

they are 4th, champions league club, not happy with there manager and it was 3 seasons ago when i left, i;ve gone back to clubs after 1 season

Were you already there then? If so probably the only way back is through FMRTE, because the day you leave you get an instant (and permanent) 100 hate from the club.

Did you say you left Posh 3 seasons ago? Thats why, because you cant go back to clubs you have left in the past, no matter how succesfull you was with them as you will be on their dislike list..Unless of course you use that evil little programme called FMRTE..

is this a new thing to FM? on a previous FM i left Villa, went to Spurs, won the league then went back to Villa...would Chelsea not take Mourinho back? Pomep to Harry back after he went to Southampton which was a right kick in the teeth!

is this a new thing to FM? on a previous FM i left Villa, went to Spurs, won the league then went back to Villa...would Chelsea not take Mourinho back? Pomep to Harry back after he went to Southampton which was a right kick in the teeth!

I can't remember when exactly it came in. I think it was put in to stop managers just continually returning to old clubs that they were on the favoured personnal. Basically Manager A would leave Club A, Club A would appoint Manager B. Sometime in the future Manager B would leave or get sacked and Manager A would be appointed again. He'd then get sacked or leave and Manager C would come in and the whole cycle could repeat until Manager A retired.

if the jobs available why would that bother anyone? i wouldn't fancy going back more than once mind....alot of managers would like to return to old clubs to see out careers? didn't Jim Smith go back to Oxford for sentimental reasons?

Its a ridiculous thing to be in the game and one of the very few things I use FMRTE for. Surely there's a better and more practical way to stop managers constantly rejoining their former clubs than permanently making ex-managers the most hated person in a club's history?

Yeah I took my local club (Greenock Morton) to 4 cup finals, and ultimately 4 trophies in 3 seasons in Scotland, including the treble, before I left 15 games into the next season for AC Milan, and according to FMRTE I'm now a '100 point' Disliked Person at Morton, which is pure madness.

If anyone was to take a small provincial club that far, through stadium increases, European runs, splitting the Old Firm, and finally winning a treble - something no club outside of the Brothers Grim has evenr managed - you'd be a living legend. Even when I left the message from the board was that they could understand why I was leaving and it was time to reflect on all the success I'd brought to the club, yet basically the club hates me. WHY?

Did you say you left Posh 3 seasons ago? Thats why, because you cant go back to clubs you have left in the past, no matter how succesfull you was with them as you will be on their dislike list..Unless of course you use that evil little programme called FMRTE..

you can go back to an ex club

Its a ridiculous thing to be in the game and one of the very few things I use FMRTE for. Surely there's a better and more practical way to stop managers constantly rejoining their former clubs than permanently making ex-managers the most hated person in a club's history?

There are, but they would take weeks or even months of programming and testing. The shortcut is undesirable, but then I think that most people wouldn't return to a club they have left. Personally I wouldn't ever consider it, I tend to run at least 5+ countries and so there are masses of other jobs that I could try before I'd even consider rejoining an old club.

if the jobs available why would that bother anyone? i wouldn't fancy going back more than once mind....alot of managers would like to return to old clubs to see out careers? didn't Jim Smith go back to Oxford for sentimental reasons?

I agree with you as far as real life is concerned and therefore also in respect of how it should work in FM.

Yet, it doesn't which one just has to accept for the time being. :(

Yeah but you had a paddy and quit after throwing your toys out of the pram, hence neither the board or the fans would want you back.

LOL! FMRTE ROCKS for true FM gamers like me! Without FMRTE, I would not survive! :D :D

So if you only had 1 league loaded (say the dutch eredivise), and you managed all 18 teams in that league, would the game be over?

That is a good food for thought! But who in heavens name wants to load just one league????? Unless his rig is an ancient one! :D

Out of interest, I know if you ultimatum, or declare interest in a job and get sacked, or accept a job offer from another club, you instantly go on the disliked list - but does the same happen if your contract simply expires and you don't sign a new one?

I was Arsenal manager, resigned at the end of the season, got offered the Brazil job, Mancini had an abysmal season at Arsenal, and then I got the job back, so surely this 100 hate thing doesn't work every time?

Really? Ive never just resigned from a club, ive always left a club because a higher rep club has offered me a job..You maybe onto something there!

Out of interest, I know if you ultimatum, or declare interest in a job and get sacked, or accept a job offer from another club, you instantly go on the disliked list - but does the same happen if your contract simply expires and you don't sign a new one?

No, I was on the legends list at Khimki, I let my contract run out and I'm still on the Legends list :)

Archived