I'm thinking of starting myself a save over in America, as I feel a change is needed from the same old european saves. I realise that there are a few changes in the MLS league system, i.e Transfers.

Could someone please explain to me how the transfers work with teams in the MLS and any other differences to the usual European league's that i should be aware of.

I would also like to know if theres is any form of Champions League in throughout the Americas?

Thank You.

The North American CL you mean? Yeah, they have one.

For more MLS advice there is an MLS thread in the GPTG forum and also google FM north america, can't remember who runs it but he used to contribute big time on here before setting up that site which is a fantastic site with loads of useful info.

Could someone please explain to me how the transfers work with teams in the MLS

Transfers (called "Trades" over here) are really simple (I never understood why so many Europeans have trouble understanding the concept).

Here's how a trade works:

Team One offers Player A to Team Two in exchange for Player B.

That's pretty much it. No different than Neanderthal Bob trading a nice bone to Neanderthal Bill for a nice shiny rock.

It's player(s) for player(s), instead of money for player.

Transfers (called "Trades" over here) are really simple (I never understood why so many Europeans have trouble understanding the concept).

Here's how a trade works:

Team One offers Player A to Team Two in exchange for Player B.

That's pretty much it. No different than Neanderthal Bob trading a nice bone to Neanderthal Bill for a nice shiny rock.

It's player(s) for player(s), instead of money for player.

And to add you can trade draft picks. :thup:

There's a Superdraft where all the best young talent get dispersed to all the clubs (we do have youth intakes and youth teams but we still got the draft). I never understood why people have trouble with trades either (part-exchanges basically).

Archived