2D or 3D?

2D or 3D?  

154 members have voted

1. 1. 2D or 3D?

• 3D
    • 2D

Just a simple question, which do you use when playing matches?

I used to love the old 2D match engine, but since the 3D has come out i have stopped using it. I'm not sure whether i would be able to revert back to 2D now even though the player actions/movements etc. are ridiculously stupid.

If you use 2D, why is this? Is the match not exactly the same just with circles instead of player models?

Look forward to hearing opinions :D

When I play any FM post FM07 i always use 2D Classic, however I do think that is inferior to the 2D comparing to FM05, FM06 and FM07. I'm not talking about the ME here, but the representation in way to adjust or something to the 3D, it has been somewhat downgraded.

The 3D i don't like, because maybe I'm use to the graphics of Fifa and Pes of nowadays that the 3D in FM seem so outdated, like it is from game from 90's.

I love 3D if only for the ridiculous flailing of the arms goal celebrations!

Yeah thats great fun! In addition to injured players sliding off the pitch whilst the physio chases after them!

well i use 2d classic and i like it just because a can see my team and i can see all the lines for me is easier but the new 3d is very nice, the only problem i got is that my laptop get really slow everytime i put 3d so thats my main reason...

I deem 2D to be the better by far.

Can't help feeling that the players and the game look very static and anaemic in the 3D. The 2D at least restricts its own pretensions of animating the players by representing the players as dots: then I can leave the vivid details to my imagination.

Oh, and I always use the 2D Classic version. The idea of adding small feet to the dots in the new 2D is ridiculous, and I tend to think of them more as udders (too much imagination, maybe...).

Wheres the option for I dont watch the match as it takes the **** :(

If you mean the option to turn off or on the 3D is is in preferences under the display (which is named (display\ something else i don't recall) tab.

2D Classic all the way.

Again it may be a set in the ways kind of thing but 3D just never did it for me with its useless animations.

I also prefer the tactical overview that 2D gives me, you just can't see the whole picture in 3D.

I would honestly lose no sleep at all if they decided to ditch 3D.

2D all the way, same as edgar555, overview of the whole pitch lets you see what people are up to off the ball. Can also quite easily watch a match at close to the fastest speed in 2d, whereas upping the speed in 3d just looks like a football match in fast forward, the ball bouncing all over the shop and unable to see what's going on at all..

Mostly commentary only with an occasional 2d (key events only). 3d is too ugly and i just cant look at it. Maybe in the future if they upgrade it to look a bit better than something from the first playstation era.

Archived