Starting Game Without Steam Not Working

you dont have to upload Steam. you can do the old way, i myself never have a problem with it Steam. i have a shortcut just like you as i can never be bothered to open up Steam as well and while it runs in the background it isnt a problem for me.

This is new to 2010 correct? I've never had an issue bypassing Steam with 2009.

Kinda weak that the game has to be bundled with Steam

Did you buy it on steam? If so then what did you expect?

If not.. Then 2010 also has unilock option like FM2009 as far as i know.

Problem solved.

Altho i dont see whats your problem with steam.. why cant you let it run in the background?

steam has to run in the background to play FM (afaik)
Did you buy it on steam? If so then what did you expect?

If not.. Then 2010 also has unilock option like FM2009 as far as i know.

Problem solved.

Altho i dont see whats your problem with steam.. why cant you let it run in the background?

Its no big deal on my laptop, but my old desktop can overload with too much going on. FM can crawl like a snail on it. I try to close out everything and make FM the only program running minus AV protection etc.

Yes I bought it on Steam. I always buy a digital download of the game. Problem is this is the first FM i've bought where you couldn't bypass Steam.

If you cant seethe ridiculousness of having to install a secondary program to run on your PC at all times, in order to download a game, oh well...

If you cant seethe ridiculousness of having to install a secondary program to run on your PC at all times, in order to download a game, oh well...

Its not ridiculous seeing as you downloaded the game via steam (i think thats what you said). If you had the CD version then i would agree with you, however how could the game run without steam if thats how you downloaded it?

Its not ridiculous seeing as you downloaded the game via steam (i think thats what you said). If you had the CD version then i would agree with you, however how could the game run without steam if thats how you downloaded it?

Steam is a place to purchase, download and activate the game. It should not be mandatory 3rd party software running on your PC.

This is the first FM where Steam has had to run in order for the game to play. So something was changed in this version from the last two. I'd be curious why this switch happened.

I'm not saying its a deal breaker, but its very annoying and I think bad practice. I want to play FM, not have Steam's bloatware on my PC.

Its no big deal on my laptop, but my old desktop can overload with too much going on. FM can crawl like a snail on it. I try to close out everything and make FM the only program running minus AV protection etc.

Yes I bought it on Steam. I always buy a digital download of the game. Problem is this is the first FM i've bought where you couldn't bypass Steam.

Steam is a place to purchase, download and activate the game. It should not be mandatory 3rd party software running on your PC.

This is the first FM where Steam has had to run in order for the game to play. So something was changed in this version from the last two. I'd be curious why this switch happened.

I'm not saying its a deal breaker, but its very annoying and I think bad practice. I want to play FM, not have Steam's bloatware on my PC.

It's probably Steam just making SI do it. They've introduced achievements etc. now so its all just a way of making us more aware of it in the hope we buy other games from it. I'm pretty sure it doesn't take up much space when running in the background though.

It's probably Steam just making SI do it. They've introduced achievements etc. now so its all just a way of making us more aware of it in the hope we buy other games from it. I'm pretty sure it doesn't take up much space when running in the background though.

Probably not, but every time I close down FM, Steam is in the background running advertisements in a pop up window. So, I'm having streamed advertisements running in the background the entire time I'm playing.

Its just poor form IMO having intrusive 3rd party software running on your PC to gain access to a game. Peer Blocker wants to shut the stream down, but I have to allow access to Valve (Steam) in order for the game to play.

and you can turn then off in settings in the interface tab just untick the right option

and quite frankly your being dumb if you downloaded the steam version its using the steamcopy protection system of course it needs steam to run , why people don't think a little instead of complaining

Archived