SI Game Production

Just a nosey question, if that makes sense? :confused: I was wondering if there's an article about how the game is made?

Is it a non-stop process? (Are you guys working on the next one now?)

How do you design the ME (watch loads of games. Who is your consultant?)

How does scouting work who scouts players and puts in their stats and how do you know if Tim Cahill should get 18 or 20 for heading?

Thank you.

:thup:

It would no doubt enjoy something more specific then just a few blogs that announces and talks about features that is part of FM10.

What I would love is at least to learn the game cycle of FM. When do they start to plan things out? (If they are not already plan old features from years ago). When does it end the phase of planning and start the programing stuff? and so on.

It would help a lot for us users to give our feed back as soon as possible.

It would no doubt enjoy something more specific then just a few blogs that announces and talks about features that is part of FM10.

What I would love is at least to learn the game cycle of FM. When do they start to plan things out? (If they are not already plan old features from years ago). When does it end the phase of planning and start the programing stuff? and so on.

That's what I'd like to know. I think it would make a cracking article. I'm just interested in knowing what happens from start to finish.

Hey theres a good idea.

I remember one of the Mortal Kombats came with some extras where you got to see the inner workings of the game being produced and developed!

That'd actually be cool. I've been trying to nosey into the game industry for an age so this kinda thing really interests me.

Don't think am the only one who wants to see behind the scenes footage and pics of the fat bald guy in the office at his desk wich is surrounded with Cartoon models like Bugz bunny/roadRunner and co. C'monnnnn there has to be atleast one of you in the SI office with a Waddel Poster/ haircut!

Cheers. I know I'm asking a lot, but how do they get decided? Who are the researchers? club staff?

Usually fans of the clubs in question, who then report to the head researcher of a country employed (I think) by the SI.

Cheers. I know I'm asking a lot, but how do they get decided? Who are the researchers? club staff?

A lot of the researchers are on this forum. You will see it in their member profile.

E.g. PMLF is the Brazil researcher and has a lot of posts. You will see him in the Brazil thread http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=4963

I would imagine the process of starting the next game would be almost insant. The graphics team and such would be consulting each other and other departments on improvements for the GUI of the game. Along with that you'd have things such as the marketing team beginning to plan out the advertising campaign.

Programmers would also start looking at the bugs found in the game and start hammering the out straight away so they're ready for the next patch as well as the next game version.

• SI Staff

We have feature meetings over the winter period after each version of the game is released. In these meetings we decide what ideas we would and would not like to make the game. These then have to be scheduled and some will be coded for the next version of the game and some will be scheduled for a year or two later.

Archived