backup game

Hello all had a freeze up on my laptop while playing game. Restarted laptop, when i loaded game i had my usual save games in there but the game i was playing is now there twice one with brackets after it saying "backup". the origanl game does not load but backup does.

Any ideas.

Cheers

Si

Hello all had a freeze up on my laptop while playing game. Restarted laptop, when i loaded game i had my usual save games in there but the game i was playing is now there twice one with brackets after it saying "backup". the origanl game does not load but backup does.

Any ideas.

Cheers

Si

If you had to restart outside of the OS shut down without closing the application (e.g. holding the power button on a Dell) then that's why the back up was created. I don't know the ins and outs of why one works and the other doesn't but probably has to do with physical memory, pagefile and a whole bunch of computer technobabble.

You should probably investigate why your laptop froze in case it's a sign of bad things to come.

Thanks for the replies guys. Actually the game froze not the laptop so did a restart anyway. All is still woprking well but if i try to load originall save game box comes up with "save game can not be loaded" but backup save works fine. Also other 2 save games load fine.

Any other comments would be welcome.

Cheers

Si

Archived