end of trial report

Just a little addition to the trial player feature, which i used a lot.

At the moment, when the player finished the trial, he just buggered off. I think it will be useful if our Assistant would give a report of the trial on the last day of the trial period. This way, it will serve a useful reminder for the manager whether to offer the player a contract or just let him go

• SI Staff
Just a reminder 48 hours before the end would suffice. That way you can get a coach report straight away and review his form in the friendlies.

Yeah, it's annoying that a trial ends and then you can't get a good overview of how they performed, especially if you arranged friendlies for your reserves, put the player there and forgot about him.

At the end of the season I take loads of players on trial to have a look at them so it would be quite a useful thing to have a reminder.

To be honest though, I don't really like the set trial periods anyway. I'm sure players don't come in for a 2 week trial period (unless they are coming from another club when a period may be agreed) and will just come on trial and either have their trial ended or go elsewhere if they get a better offer.

i think it would also be good to have coach reports on players that start on loan at another club, most of the time i dont know how good they are (if i start at a smaller club) and sometimes dont renew a players contract when it is going to run out then the player is wanted by clubs larger than my own

I use trials quite a bit, they're useful for looking at players you can't scout due to restrictions, or getting a full report for players who have just been released. I found that I always intended to see how a player had done but more often than not I would just forget, so now I always set myself a reminder for a couple of days before the trial is up. It really should be automatic though, your assistant should give you a run down of their training performance a couple of days before the trial ends and make a recommendation.

Originally posted by Ter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Just a reminder 48 hours before the end would suffice. That way you can get a coach report straight away and review his form in the friendlies.

Yeah, it's annoying that a trial ends and then you can't get a good overview of how they performed, especially if you arranged friendlies for your reserves, put the player there and forgot about him.

At the end of the season I take loads of players on trial to have a look at them so it would be quite a useful thing to have a reminder.

To be honest though, I don't really like the set trial periods anyway. I'm sure players don't come in for a 2 week trial period (unless they are coming from another club when a period may be agreed) and will just come on trial and either have their trial ended or go elsewhere if they get a better offer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Surely you're the man that has the best ability to 'persuade' it to happen?? icon_smile.gificon_wink.gificon14.gif

The assistant reports are so accurate you can take a guy on trial, get a report, and then either keep or get rid of him in the same afternoon.

No need to actually keep them in the squad. Although I appreciate it would be a useful feature you can find everything out you need to in one report the pico-second they arrive.

VB

Archived