Player History needs changing

In some leagues especially it is the case that players play just as many, if not more cup games than they do league games and I think the history screen should show a players overall tally of games & goals for a season.

For example this is my best striker - History shows played 22 scored 43

Clicking on that year shows a total of played 48(1) scored 92, the history makes it a lot more hassle to see how many goals he has scored, and considering how uncompetitive the icelandic cups are for a player of his calibre it makes keeping track of his totals pretty difficult.

I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to do, in fact, just change the code to show the overall rather than league line, or at the very least there could be a view tab that does this.

I'm not suggesting by the way that for all players retroactively because that'd require way too much, but it would definitely be useful to keep a track of a players progress, especially for regens.

I like it the way it is as it ties in with the pre-game history of players which only show league games. However, I would like the option to choose between league games OR all games. That would surely please everyone

Originally posted by Box:

It used to show all competition goals years back, then all of a sudden it changed,... why?

Probably because it looked neater - you'd have the pre-game histories showing the league games and goals as 32 8 or whatever, then the new stats showing 52(14) 16 or something.

The newer way looks neater, but I'd like the see the option for both, it'd keep everyone happy.

Originally posted by Box:

It used to show all competition goals years back, then all of a sudden it changed,... why?

I believe it was changed because the way it is now reflects real life stats better.

I personally dislike this, a lot. All it needs is an option to change the view - please Si do this for us icon_smile.gif

Since CM1 I have recorded stats and screenshotted my record goal scorers but it's just a waste of time now as it only shows the league goals. I still have stats of players from CM1 on the Amiga written down on the manual but i've stopped bothering now.

Originally posted by T-Bag:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Box:

Since CM1 I have recorded stats and screenshotted my record goal scorers but it's just a waste of time now as it only shows the league goals. I still have stats of players from CM1 on the Amiga written down on the manual but i've stopped bothering now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Snap! I have all my old 93/94 careers in an old folder. Greatest player Ive ever had play for me was in CM 94 when I was Newcastle.

I played with fake player names and got a 17 year old striker called Simon Coleman. He ended up scoring 50+ goals a season and I ened up losing him to an italian team in the summer when he was bout 28. In those days you couldn't do anything about losing your best players to foreign teams, you just got a message saying that player x was sold to AC Milan for x million pound. icon_frown.gif crazy,

Mine was Chris Sutton on 93/94 !

955 Apps

376 goals

7.6 average rating

69 International Apps

Bearing in mind nearly all players used to retire around 31/32 that was quite an achievement ! I managed to keep him playing to a ripe old age too.

Originally posted by santy001:

In some leagues especially it is the case that players play just as many, if not more cup games than they do league games and I think the history screen should show a players overall tally of games & goals for a season.

For example this is my best striker - History shows played 22 scored 43

Clicking on that year shows a total of played 48(1) scored 92, the history makes it a lot more hassle to see how many goals he has scored, and considering how uncompetitive the icelandic cups are for a player of his calibre it makes keeping track of his totals pretty difficult.

I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to do, in fact, just change the code to show the overall rather than league line, or at the very least there could be a view tab that does this.

There should be an option to do this but please leave league apps/goals as the default. Please.

Actually I'n quite certain the number of countries without a cup competition far outweighs the number with a cup. In many countries with a cup competition, the importance of it is so low some big teams don't even field their teams.

That said I see no harm in adding an option to see full history, but since the priority of this purely cosmetic change is so low, chances of seeing it implemented are pretty slim.

Archived