Common sense?

I'm managing Tottenham and have noticed on more than one occasion...ok in about the last 3 games now....that when my corner taker(s) (Bentley or Bale) are not playing for some reason Woodgate steps up to take them? I understand my first two choices are not on the pitch..but surely IRL this would not happen...having your Centre back....Woodgate...who should be in the box....taking corners in the Premiership!?!

Not a major bug (if at all a bug) but something i thought I'd point out...maybe its only me who is experiencing this though so thought I'd share this with you all...

The game has a habit of doing this when you dont have any set piece takers set . Ive had wes brown step to take a penalty when david villa was on the pitch.

You'd think that the game automatically select the best one when you dont select them yourself.

SO make sure you have them selected at all times because the game will rarely choose the right guy for you.

The game has a habit of doing this when you dont have any set piece takers set . Ive had wes brown step to take a penalty when david villa was on the pitch.

Perhaps Brown was on his way to a hatrick and that's why he stepped up to take the penalty in place of your regular penalty taker. Players doing this is a new feature in the game. If this is not the case then perhaps you should mentuon this in the bugs forum.

This happens often with me too. It seems to me that one way that could fix this would be that you could select a bunch of corner takers, but not in order, so they choose amongst themselves, for other set pieces too.

I must say that I have never had a CB or other defender take my corners. The computer usually does an adequate job of choosing in the absence of my picks. That being said, I believe the AI is capable of ineptitude, so definitely pick all your corner takers.

Perhaps Brown was on his way to a hatrick and that's why he stepped up to take the penalty in place of your regular penalty taker. Players doing this is a new feature in the game. If this is not the case then perhaps you should mentuon this in the bugs forum.

Unfortunately that was not the case. He plays RB for me so he rarely scores. Luckily he put me up 1-0.

I don't think that it's a bug but just a area of the game that has not been overlooked.

Was Villa being treated for an injury? Perhaps Brown has a good Composure rating, and so isn't a half-bad choice anyway.

Villa was not injured....he stood there and watched wes brown jog up the feel from defense, pick up the ball, and head to the spot.

Also wes brown is not really a guy you want to be taking penalties......I got lucky this time....

Here is Wes Brown:

wesbrown.png

Here is David Villa:

davidvillak.png

It does not make any sense why Brown (pk attribute 2, composure 12) should step up when david villa (pk attribute 19, composure 18) is alive and already in the box.

Now if you dont make the decision on who takes them, then there are only to other choices for who does: Your assistant or the players themselves.

My feeling is that its the assistant making the choices because they are known to make bad ones in the past. Though I am not ruling out the players.

Also, the game could be randomly picking for you.

In any case, it should be looked at because there are times when people will forget to set them, be it before or during a match, and may cost them a match.

Archived