Average squad age, does it matter.?

Just wondering if you guys pay any attention to average squad age.? my current average age for my Norwich save 11 season's in playing in premier league my average age is only 20.. i think younsters even if they have a good CA can some times have poor games due to them beeing young..?

20 is very young. Having said that mine has hovered around the 23 yo average since the start of this current save. Success is coming so you can win stuff with kids. 20 is a little too young though I'd say.

And you are correct, even greats can have off days at an early age, due to a lack of experience or their mental stats still developing.

Think it might have a impact if your team is involved in pressure games or pressure parts of the season. Younger players are more likely to play nervously in key games in my experience, their morale seems to fluctuate more as well

As a few people have picked up, younger players have lower mental stats, or to put it another way their mental stats will increase as they age (the same applies to hidden stats I believe which include 'important matches' and consistancy' although I may be wrong on these).

Now if they handle the pressure and don't fold in big matches then you are fine and dandy, but if you do encounter these problems, then you might want to get one or two older heads in to lead by example.

I have won the premiership with an average age of 23, so it can be done, but I did have to leave certain individuals out of important matches as they often played badly in the big matches.

Mine is 25.

I've just taken over the Chelsea squad in 2028. Their squad is broken, don't even play in Europe. My best player is a 33yo striker (who is still world class though). So when buying new players the avg age will certainly go down.

I'm not one of these players that sell players who hit 30 though. 30+ players can still be awesome.

I am playing in the BSS and i think the only players that i can find that improve my squad are youngsters aged about 17 or 18 i have 2 players aged 28 in the team and the reat are 18 and under. I have three 16 year olds and the team are currently 3rd 4 point behind 1st and 2 behind second. So i dont think it is making that much difference to my team tbh.

well I've got the oppisite problem. I took over bardford city after the first season and they have the oldest squad in the league. I'm doing a bit of deadwood chopping at the mo and getting some freebies. ( due to been only given £10000 to spend tight fisted board) and only about 4K to play with in the wage budget so i''m looking at my parent club which is bolton and done some reinforcement in the back line

Young players can have some issues older players tend not to experience, but the same applies to old players. Squad ages aren't going to have direct effects, but they'll obviously imply certain things- young players won't have reached their best levels, though they may be good already, and old players may not be so athletic.

I've had average age 21 on my st mirren save for ages, 20 seems a scary prospect. I tend to have to mostly have to develop youngsters and sell them on to stay afloat, but I do keep some older players. My goalkeeper I signed when he was 22, and now he's 31 and I dont dare ever sell him, he's been too good for me.

Archived