Players picking up knocks during a match

Keep an eye on their condition. Sometimes they can walk it off and their condition goes up a bit. In that case you can leave them on the pitch. However once the condition starts to drop, either immediatly or after the increase, I usually sub them off.

The exception to this is if their condition drops below 60. At that stage I usually sub immediatly, unless it is 5 mins before half time or full time.

I usually take them off if they dip below 65% and have a knock... but I'd be quite interested to know if subbing them off early makes a difference. It should do, but I've not noticed too much difference one way or the other.

I usually take them off if their condition drops to around 70%, even if my AssMan says he can run it off. I find taking them off straight away means they end up with no injury at all afterwards, but those left on end up with a spell on the sidelines.

Also depends on the importance of the player, someone like Torres would be taken off immediately, whereas lesser players may be left to struggle on.

I usually take them off.

As said, it depends on player, but also your match schedule. Knock usually means injury that can (but doesn't have to) sideline your player up to couple of weeks. So if you have some tough games coming or he's fairly important player, take him off. If you have quite easy games coming on, you can handle it without him.

I think it has a big bearing on how long they are out post match. I've had players take knocks but as long as i subbed them off right away and they are above 70% or so they will be fine for the next game, if I let them play and they get into the 60% range then they are out for varying amounts of time.

It's a difficult one, as I have played the game more and more I feel that some times, it inspires the players and squad a-like at least that is my impression that is; as I have at times just subbed the player just far too early. I tend to leave them on untill there condition get's seriously bad.

But, what first sprung to my minds was it's that player takes a knock gamble, do I take them off or do I leave them on.

It is a gamble plain and simple. I just go with my gut feeling, it just depends how important the player is, thinking matches ahead. Is it the start of the season, do I very important gamest to come then I do sub them, if it's pre-start of season they stay on as long as it's not a friendly. Then I can sub them, as I have loads of subs.

Does anyone find that the amount of knocks in a match is too high? I never finish a match where all of my players are fit...

Yes and no. It's balance that I find cruel at times, patch up the latest to patch and don't train them to hard, or play them far too often.

Archived