Settings to help game speed

Let me ask what setting have the most impact on game speed and the sacrifices they create.

Limiting leagues you can coach does that really speed things up? I generally select the big three leagues and their top division, would limiting it solely to the prem make a difference?

Nationalities, does selecting 1-3 have a real effect on speed?

Database size. I realize this has an impact, but what Im confused is what you exactly are sacrificing with each selection. What difference in players is there from say Medium to Large? I played a small database once and it was horrible because a lot of wonderkids and obscure players could not be found. Is it possible to play a small database, but also custom load a couple of the bigger more relevant countries (Brazil, Spain, Italy etc)

What do you guys think is the best setting to use for performance without making too many sacrifices?

Thanks in advance

Well for starters selecting fewer leagues will definitely speed up your game, on the long run also. It depends on your PC if you have a low spec then selecting three nations with only the top leagues will be a very good choice. Having a medium large database means more players loaded more statistics to be processed = lesser performance (but of course more fun :D)

Bare in mind your processor, ram capacity, and hard-drive speed are the key attributes for fast FM-ing.

Archived