Football Manager 2007

So, how many people are playing the 07 version. To me it was one of the best games(if not the best). Just wondering because i'm thinking of starting a new game soon because i haven't play FM in a while.

So anyone still playing? How's your game going?

07 was amazing. I never played 08 and 09 because I was so happy with it.

I only bought FM10 because I felt I needed a new challenge. There hasn't been a match engine that is good as 07 so I'm told.

How good were Bojan, Vela, Albiol and Kompany on that game?

About to start season 2083 in my save. Starting to get tired of it because I'm on the cusp of going over the 2.1B cash max trigger so I'm forced to spend tens of millions on scrubs just to keep the money down.

About to start season 2083 in my save. Starting to get tired of it because I'm on the cusp of going over the 2.1B cash max trigger so I'm forced to spend tens of millions on scrubs just to keep the money down.

You can use FM Modifier to reduce your balance by a few hundred million.

Can you explain what that means?

whats the cash max trigger?

I'm not sure of the details of it, but I believe once your balance reaches a certain point (apparently 2.1 billion), it'll flip itself, putting you in major debt.

I'm not sure of the details of it, but I believe once your balance reaches a certain point (apparently 2.1 billion), it'll flip itself, putting you in major debt.

what the?

why? Is that the end of the game? Have you conquered the FM? And can this happen in other versions of FM?

From what I understand, later versions had something built in that wouldn't let you go over the max - it would tell you that due to the clubs financial status, they have invested funds, blah blah blah. In 07, if you go over the max but then spend enough money, it will go back to the plus side so it's not permanent.

@wackettdagenham: thanks - forgot about that.

The only Football Manager copies I have are 2008, 2009 and 2010! Sadly, I never got the chance to play Football Manager 2005, 2006 or 2007 because my PC at that time was crappy! Only a Pentium 2, 300Mhz processor with 512MB of RAM! which was about 10 years old!!! :( Thank goodness, I went and bought a new laptop! :)

Does a FM that old still have new database updates?

I started playing FM with 08, so Im not familiar with 07, but what might I ask makes it better than newer versions?

Come to think of it, it really comes to I enjoy it much then newer versions.

To be fair there are several issues and thinks that irks me when playing newer versions.

In FM08 was pretty much the continuous subs and the ME was few steps in wrong direction.

In FM09... Where to begin? Continuous subs, the ME pushed further in wrong direction, Press Conferences were boring and injury galore that to some was within normal range. The 3D was mistake to be released as clearly wasn't ready (looked like it was taken out from 90's football games) and finally Transfers was basically remade from scrap and was worse the FM07.

FM10, well the boring press Conferences are still there with more influence on the team then ever, Team Talks are far too sensitive, the ME was improvement from FM09's ME, but matches take far too long compared on previous games (seriously i had several times that during about 10 seconds it was simply my defenders passing the ball to each other, how this is key moment?) Injuries galore seemed to return (but in some people's eyes, I'm wrong concerning this), the transfers where improved the sell of our players, but made it too hard to buy players and gives the sensation that it is a weird gimmick to buy a player from another club when other ai teams seemed to have it easy. The UI (User interface) is too confusing that never got use to it, still fishing for what I want.

All i think that the last three games has been steps in the wrong direction with introducing too many features to sell the new game and pretty much end up being gimmicks that some don't work as supposed (Press Conferences says it all). Where I think the challenge doesn't rely on turning the game complex with introducing new features or making things harder (like transfers), but improving the AI management will create a challenge to us gamers, which is the greatest point on FM07 and it is the game that this works really well.

However FM07 isn't perfect. The two major problems I have in FM07 is that it is too hard to offload unnecessary players or the lack of interest from AI teams on players that are being offered to them, when they are really good players for their teams and the lack of interest of the AI teams of players that reached 34 years of age, where it seems experience doesn't count for anything. No one is interested for Ronaldinho, Henry and others (I saw this happen in all three different saves I'm playing.

I would love to see the league editor, but of course if SI doesn't make easy change in putting 5 subs to 7 subs in english leagues, so having league editor to FM07 is wishfull thinking :(

I still play fm07, by far the best game and much enjoy it to playing fm10. currently playing fm07 barnet save and in the eufa cup with barnet. I agree completely with grade.

SI need to re-evaluate

about 12 years in I'd say at the moment.

So, how many people are playing the 07 version. To me it was one of the best games(if not the best). Just wondering because i'm thinking of starting a new game soon because i haven't play FM in a while.

So anyone still playing? How's your game going?

%200 agree with you, i am a Manchester City fan and would always take them from where they start a debt ridden load of *****! to the glory of the league & champions league year in year out brilliant.

Sidnei - Michel Schmoller!

Yep, I'm still playing FM07. I haven't even got the latest version because I know that I'll just return to fm07 after a couple of seasons.

FM07 feels so much more solid than the other games, it's pretty balanced as well compared to the latest games imo.

The regens feel more realistic and balanced to me. In fm08 the regens were pretty bad, making the teams get increasingly older as there were no players to replace them. In fm09, they felt way to good though.

Yep, I'm still playing FM07. I haven't even got the latest version because I know that I'll just return to fm07 after a couple of seasons.

FM07 feels so much more solid than the other games, it's pretty balanced as well compared to the latest games imo.

The regens feel more realistic and balanced to me. In fm08 the regens were pretty bad, making the teams get increasingly older as there were no players to replace them. In fm09, they felt way to good though.

Oh how can i have forgotten the regens in FM08 and FM09?

Just o had something I don't like in FM10 that i forgot to mention, that is continuous subs.

No, he's got a macro that is running through every player/coach/club and setting their attributes, contracts, leagues and such as they are in 10.3.

I like FM07, the ME is a class above (though still not perfect). I don't have time to play any FM ATM though.

No, he's got a macro that is running through every player/coach/club and setting their attributes, contracts, leagues and such as they are in 10.3.

I like FM07, the ME is a class above (though still not perfect). I don't have time to play any FM ATM though.

Nice, one think checked on my list. The two remaining are, subs in english league be from 5 to 7 and league editor. ;)

Wow, seriously? Wonder if it'll be made available for download? :D

Edit: Just seen the thread for it here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=173312

i have 07 but im struggleing with it at the moment ,., does anyone know any good tactics ?

A tactic that seemed to work quite well with me is 4-4-2 Diamond Attack which is one of the default tactics of the game. You need to see what is the players you have on your team and set up the tactic accordingly.

One of the first things I do is too focus in getting a good defense, because that is pretty much half a win in match.

I must admit to becoming a bit addicted to FM10 recently now that I've finally got over that initial 'feeling-out' process that comes with every new FM game. :D

I do agree that the ME highlight and constant press conferences can drag the length of the game a bit but I've not been this immersed in the game since...well, FM08 anyway. :D It does have some great, nice touches that save time too though, like the ass man advice system.

FM07 was/is great though, there's no denying that, I'm gonna have to have another play on it again soon.

Hulloo btw Pob! Long time no speak mate! :D Great to see yer still at it with the update, how's it going with the macros?

I've been doing an FM07 'update' using FM10 myself over the past year or so now, but I could never get macro's to behave for me so I've been copying the data across by hand (and altering/updating things here and there too).

Was scheduled to release a 2nd download of it this month with the English Prem teams all featuring their FM10 details, but I've been sick as the preverbial parrott recently, which has all but stopped any serious editing for now.

Though if anyone really wants a City-esque experience in the meantime though, you can always create an EDT file for FM07, only takes 10 seconds and gives you a bank balance in the 100's of millions from the get-go. :D

i have 07 but im struggleing with it at the moment ,., does anyone know any good tactics ?

I've always used the MiNiMal FuSS (or however he did the caps letters.. :D) tactics for FM07 myself, mainly the 'v4' version of it, they're basically a 4-4-2 with a target man that's preferably good at heading. They're pretty realistic and work well, though I'm not sure if there may be even better tactics out there.

Does a FM that old still have new database updates?

Not official SI released ones, old versions are dropped instantly and unfixed bugs/flaws remain unfixed.

SI want you to play thier latest shiny version afterall ...... and what better way to entice you into doing just that.

Unnoficial DB updates can be found on the web.

Not official SI released ones, old versions are dropped instantly and unfixed bugs/flaws remain unfixed.

SI want you to play thier latest shiny version afterall ...... and what better way to entice you into doing just that.

Unnoficial DB updates can be found on the web.

Well, that is the way to do business! :D

Well, that is the way to do business! :D

The correct way is one way to do business.

However I know that this must be the business SI needs to implement since due to yearly release plan they have.

What I don't like is having business is when we buy a game that part of the features don't work has they should have and the new releases be inferior (my own opinion of course) then old games.

What I find abysmal about of the few features that SI hasn't though thoroughly about them. It feels like "we put this and this feature here, if it isn't working properly, f*** it, we will fix them on the patches or new version of the game.

I think that SI need to revise several things on the game and work on what Is most important to create a challenge to the users that spend money on their games, like AI Management, A proper 3D graphics and not such graphics that still look from the 90's, or confused UI. The UI is one of those things that confuses my mind, that how company that once tested and made sure things work properly (up until FM07) release this UI that is such a mess and confusing that I think should be simply put in the trash or thrown out the window.

Oh, I have the same mutual feeling for few features, like Press Conferences, the tab with the key moments and fmf files.

Note: And for the love of God, use another installation program, because I haven't see so much threads of "the game won't install" before.

Archived