Happy Steam Mac day everyone!

• SI Staff

At some point tonight, Football Manager 2010 will become available on Steam for the Mac.

This means that all of the current extra features available to PC users who have installed the game via Steam will now be available for the very first time on Mac, including achievements, and the ability to play on any Mac (or, indeed, any PC) around the world by using your Steam login.

If you've previously bought the game digitally via Steam, you will automatically be able to play the game on a Mac now too using the same account details. If you have the Mac boxed version, youll be able to download your Steam client, and use the keycode in your manual to start downloading the game.

Having offered both the Mac and PC versions together in one box for many years now, we're delighted to see a digital retailer make the same service available for the first time.

Just to add, you can now download it - If you wish to buy it new, just go to the following link, install the client then when installed search for Football Manager 2010. If you've already got the disc, putting it into your drive on a Mac now brings up the online install option via Steam. Easy peasy, Steam and Football Manager on the Mac! - http://store.steampowered.com/about/

I suppose this has nothing to do with SI in terms of sorting it out! And even though it doesn't effect me! Well done to STEAM for making it possible for MAC users to install it on their machines too... Surely they must've been wanting to branch out to MACs too because theres more potential customers anyway

At some point tonight, Football Manager 2010 will become available on Steam for the Mac.

This means that all of the current extra features available to PC users who have installed the game via Steam will now be available for the very first time on Mac, including achievements, and the ability to play on any Mac (or, indeed, any PC) around the world by using your Steam login.

If you've previously bought the game digitally via Steam, you will automatically be able to play the game on a Mac now too using the same account details. If you have the Mac boxed version, youll be able to download your Steam client, and use the keycode in your manual to start downloading the game.

Having offered both the Mac and PC versions together in one box for many years now, we're delighted to see a digital retailer make the same service available for the first time.

Any way we can get esellerate version into steam>??

Am I allowed to post the Steam link? If not, please remove it. It’s just for those that might have had trouble finding it, like I did.

(removed as direct linking has caused issues for Steam)

Hello,

Well, something weird going on, i have two copies of FM (that's what happens when you purchase online and it takes a week to be delivered and you just can't wait and get a copy on the nearest store anyway).

I'm trying to activate the copy i already opened and it says duplicate product code, i used the code i found in the back of the manual inside of the box, i thought my little brother that uses a PC may have activated it someday to check if he could play the game on is machine, but he says that's not the case.

Ok, i decided to unrwap the other copy i have and tried to use that copy code on steam and it gives me the same error, being this a closed box i highly doubt someone already used this code, it's impossible unless there's any bug with steam codes.

Can anybody help me finding a solution? I'd love to be able to free the dvd slot and just play through steam.

Thank you,

- Emanuel

• SI Staff
Hello,

Well, something weird going on, i have two copies of FM (that's what happens when you purchase online and it takes a week to be delivered and you just can't wait and get a copy on the nearest store anyway).

I'm trying to activate the copy i already opened and it says duplicate product code, i used the code i found in the back of the manual inside of the box, i thought my little brother that uses a PC may have activated it someday to check if he could play the game on is machine, but he says that's not the case.

Ok, i decided to unrwap the other copy i have and tried to use that copy code on steam and it gives me the same error, being this a closed box i highly doubt someone already used this code, it's impossible unless there's any bug with steam codes.

Can anybody help me finding a solution? I'd love to be able to free the dvd slot and just play through steam.

Thank you,

- Emanuel

Hi Emanuel - with a problem like this, it's better to raise a ticket with SEGA customer support. The website details should be in the manual, and you can raise a ticket from there (the codes etc are put together by SEGA, not us, so they are the best people to ask).

• SI Staff
This has probably been answered, but I haven't read the thread, so apologies if so, but if you have Mac boxed, and download the steam version, do all achievements you have already completed unlock immediately, or do you start fresh?

They will already be unlocked, because the achievements are linked to your steam account rather than the machine(s) you play FM on.

I'm having an issue where I can't launch FM if I don't have an internet connection?

I have it installed on my macbook but when I'm on the road I won't necessarily have a net connection, which was fine before I activated using steam since I'd just keep the disc in the drive but I thought activating would remove this requirement.

If I disconnect from the internet and try and launch FM, steam just seems to hang. I've tried this with steam in offline and online mode.

Additionally, there was a tweak to the plist file that enabled full screen mode whilst in a window (effectively auto hiding the taskbar at the top of the screen) but applying the same change doesn't seem to work for the steam installed FM

Any ideas?

Ta

Phil

My performance is AWFUL on my Macbook Pro. 2.4 ghz Core 2 Duo, 2 Gig of ram. The system rater gives my computer performance a star and a half.

Any ideas of what I can do to improve this!?

Install another 2 GB RAM.

Hello,

I am looking to purchase FM 2010 and i have a Mac and a PC using the Steam system. I have read that i am able to install this on both computers using the one purchase. I do have one simple question before i make this purchase though.

My brother lives with me and am sure he will want to play the game too :) therefore will we both be able to play our own games at the same time on the 2 computers?

Many thanks for your help

Hello,

I am looking to purchase FM 2010 and i have a Mac and a PC using the Steam system. I have read that i am able to install this on both computers using the one purchase. I do have one simple question before i make this purchase though.

My brother lives with me and am sure he will want to play the game too :) therefore will we both be able to play our own games at the same time on the 2 computers?

Many thanks for your help

You can't log in online the same Steam account with 2 computers at the same time. But one of you can play using Steam's offline method and other one can play online Steam. So one of you must log in the Steam offline and one of you can log in Steam online. That is your answer. :)

Steam? Horrible piece of crap software on the Mac. I was excited about giving it a go the other day, grumff harrumpf! Not a happy bunny. It actually bought the computer down at one point oh, and what was with the auto update starting without me asking and then, after locking the system up I noticed that it had added itself to my start up items without even asking. I know MSFT have done this in the past and it might be fine for PC users but I'm a happy Mac person, leave my system alone. Horrible horrible horrible.

Please make sure you release via Esellerate again next/this year. Much nicer, pay, download, play. Simples.

ok, been waiting to download on STEAM, but erm £29.95 when its £14.95 in the box at HMV? tutt tutt.

Now quick few questions

1) does this mean it loads in a completely different way, i.e you have to load steam before FM loads ? I have see this with Settlers on the Mac, and without a net connection you can't play the game, which didn't go down to well with my 10 yr old on a plane recently.

2) how long does it take to download ? roughly.

3) does it update patches automatically ?

thanks

Dan

Archived