Sick of this....

When teams unsettle players, fair enough it is a very common thing and should be in the game, but when a player is valued at around 5 million, a brilliant player worth around 15-20 at the least and they offer 6 million and the player becomes unsettled and wants to leave because it gets rejected is beyond a joke!

They should at least consider its a insult of a bid, so therefore not go in a strop when its rejected?

:thdn:

When teams unsettle players, fair enough it is a very common thing and should be in the game, but when a player is valued at around 5 million, a brilliant player worth around 15-20 at the least and they offer 6 million and the player becomes unsettled and wants to leave because it gets rejected is beyond a joke!

They should at least consider its a insult of a bid, so therefore not go in a strop when its rejected?

:thdn:

That's not how players work though is it? Taking recent examples, I'd bet that Cashley, Ronaldo and Berbatoss would all have been happy to go to their new clubs on free transfers if that was what it took.

Yes this situation is annoying but it's not as if I don't employ the same tactics when I'm after a player.

Hardly true at all, if Real Madrid bid 20 million for Ronaldo he would have understood that is laughable, Ronaldo went for 80 million and Berbatov went for 30 million, your point is so flawed.

Read what i was saying, they shouldnt react as badly when a bid is rejected that is completely laughable.

I agree but only dependent on the players personality. I think ambitious players should become more unsettled and professional players should shrug it off. In fact, this is in the game but maybe not at a standard you want. In FM09 my players came out in the press to say they were not interested in moving whenever a bid was made or speculation, I think this was mainly due to my success and having determined/professional players.

I agree with the OP on this one, it's sometimes a little too sensitive. What annoys me about it is that when you try to negotiate to a fair fee, the player still gets upset for 'rejecting' the offer.

I agree with the OP on this one, it's sometimes a little too sensitive. What annoys me about it is that when you try to negotiate to a fair fee, the player still gets upset for 'rejecting' the offer.

Yeah that's worse in my opinion. Hate that.

Hard to reflect that in the game and besides how do you know that the player knows how much the bid was? Might not have been disclosed.

If he doesn't know, he shouldn't be getting upset at us negotiating. He may say afterwards he's disappointed it didn't work out, but to be angry for us rejecting the bid is just stupid.

Hardly true at all, if Real Madrid bid 20 million for Ronaldo he would have understood that is laughable, Ronaldo went for 80 million and Berbatov went for 30 million, your point is so flawed.

Read what i was saying, they shouldnt react as badly when a bid is rejected that is completely laughable.

We shall have to agree to disagree. I firmly believe that a player that wants to go elsewhere will not give a damn about the fee. Why would they care? In fact a lower fee means more money available for their wages and bonuses.

Your point is flawed.

Cheers, take care.

We shall have to agree to disagree. I firmly believe that a player that wants to go elsewhere will not give a damn about the fee. Why would they care? In fact a lower fee means more money available for their wages and bonuses.

Your point is flawed.

Cheers, take care.

So is yours.

This feature is "sort of" realistic. I say "sort of" because in the game it doesn't function properly and is very robotic.. (and sometimes senseless...)

Love when players in a good club, receiving high wages, that never expressed interest in leaving, supposedly professionals, and that even have your club as favourite, get mad because you decided to negociate a 2 mil bid (when they are worth 4-5 mil) from a smaller foreign club that isn't even in the european competitions (and btw isn't even in a big league).

One or other random fluke ok... Especially because there is no reason stated and it really doesnt make much sense...

But having a few players in the same club doing the same is beyond stupid..

If you reject and tick 'offer is not good enough', then the player should understand that it's not that you don't want to sell him, it's because the offer wasn't acceptable. But the players don't seem to realise this.

I'm fed up with teams sniffing around my player, thinking they can buy him for £10m when I paid £50m for him just 6 months ago. Not realistic at all.

So is yours.

This feature is "sort of" realistic. I say "sort of" because in the game it doesn't function properly and is very robotic.. (and sometimes senseless...)

Love when players in a good club, receiving high wages, that never expressed interest in leaving, supposedly professionals, and that even have your club as favourite, get mad because you decided to negociate a 2 mil bid (when they are worth 4-5 mil) from a smaller foreign club that isn't even in the european competitions (and btw isn't even in a big league).

One or other random fluke ok... Especially because there is no reason stated and it really doesnt make much sense...

But having a few players in the same club doing the same is beyond stupid..

Did you read either of my posts?

I was not even debating the realism of this. I was talking about the op's assertion that players care how much they go for.

For the record I agree with you, this area of the game needs looking at.

Do me a favour though and dont put words in my mouth.

Did you read either of my posts?

I was not even debating the realism of this. I was talking about the op's assertion that players care how much they go for.

For the record I agree with you, this area of the game needs looking at.

Do me a favour though and dont put words in my mouth.

You didnt get what exactly what I was referring to but whatever.

Archived