Left foot CB on the left or the right?

I don't think it makes that much difference but I think some of them play better on the left.

That could just be me though :D

I second this. A right winger cutting inside - may be better for Left footer to be left side CB and vise versa , but like Cougar said - not really matter.

Usually doesn't matter but one thing to consider is that usually full-backs aren't two-footed so if you play a right-footed centre-back on the left you put two weak feet in the area which is often most difficult to defend - between the centre-back and full-back. Plus it's shorter to put out of play with your stronger foot on the correct side and things like clearances will obviously be better.

Two weak feet "through the middle" is less of a problem because if someone gets through there it will be last-ditch anyway, plus the two centre-backs will crowd out the player. Few will try through-balls between centre-backs in general.

Not that it's something to worry about though! It's nice to have a left-footed centre-back sometimes but I would never turn down a player because he wasn't of the correct foot.

If you have a left footed CB, is it better to play him on the left or on the right?

Definitely put him on his preferred foot side.

If you look carefully sometimes a CB is closing down the player who is storming down that specific side, so it's better for him to use his best foot rather then is weaker one.

A left sided DC will often have to move across and cover the DL, so perhaps being left-footed is more desirable.

It shouldn't make too much difference though, in my current game my 2 best DCs are both left-footed, so I play the "Left Only" one on the left, and the "Left" on the right.

Archived