Touted as the next Daniel De Rossi ..

I think when a player is being touted as the next whoever all it really means is that he has similar stats or at least thats what I've seen mentioned on these forums. Weather or not he lives up to his potential is another thing and is really down to you and the quality or your coaches.

Here is my player that was touted as the next De Rossi, at 17 he wasn't anywhere near as good as yours, but look how he turned out! And what you potentially have to look forward to!

44erminiodidionisio.png

The touted as means nothing.

It basically means he is the same nationality, height, weight and birth town as the player he is touted as

Edit - Also the same kind of personality.

For me its more based on attributes or the potential attributes or I believe that is more important than the above but Im not saying that they are not important.

Nah mate you are getting the wrong idea. I am not saying that is whats more important or anything. I am saying that is the only way they get touted as the next "blah blah".

Its nowt to do with attributes it is only off things like birth town, height nationality etc etc.

To add to my point we have all had the next Beckenbauer or the next Owen or the next Gascoine etc etc.

Its simple these kids would be labelled as wonderkids straight away, no questions asked if they had that amount of potential and ability they would be wonderkids, regardless. They never are listed as wonderkids.

It is as simple as a "touted as" is nothing more than birthtown, nationality, personality, height, weight etc etc.

The touted as means nothing.

It basically means he is the same nationality, height, weight and birth town as the player he is touted as

Edit - Also the same kind of personality.

not sure about birth town, it possibly contributes to it but i had a youth player with the birth place of Torquay who was touted as the next Paul Ince.

To add to my point we have all had the next Beckenbauer or the next Owen or the next Gascoine etc etc.

Its simple these kids would be labelled as wonderkids straight away, no questions asked if they had that amount of potential and ability they would be wonderkids, regardless. They never are listed as wonderkids.

It is as simple as a "touted as" is nothing more than birthtown, nationality, personality, height, weight etc etc.

Ok so, based on the above a DC born in chester, with the same height and weight and personality could be labelled as the next Micheal Owen.

When Ive seen the next Own they have been speed demons and had good finishing.

Next shearer has been very strong, heading, finishing.

Next De Rossi has had very high determination, agression, influence. etc etc.

wish i still had the save, he was called david everitt and was an AM. Funnily enough hes the first really good regen ive ever had but thats probally cos I play lower league.

perhaps the place of birth makes it more likely for them to be touted as "the next.." but it isnt essential.

Ok so, based on the above a DC born in chester, with the same height and weight and personality could be labelled as the next Micheal Owen.

When Ive seen the next Own they have been speed demons and had good finishing.

Next shearer has been very strong, heading, finishing.

Next De Rossi has had very high determination, agression, influence. etc etc.

Its well known that what I have said are the main factors in how a player gets "touted as"

I have seen the next Owen in my current save, a kid called Aaron McClean who was slow as ****, terrible composure and basically an abortion to football.

Trust me mate, What i am saying is correct.

wish i still had the save, he was called david everitt and was an AM. Funnily enough hes the first really good regen ive ever had but thats probally cos I play lower league.

perhaps the place of birth makes it more likely for them to be touted as "the next.." but it isnt essential.

Yup. :thup:

I am just making the point that the "touted as" has very little to do with attributes.

The guy touted as the next De Rossi is from Solza, Lombardy. Whereas De Rossi is from Rome.

And the guy touted as the next Shearer is from Manchester.

:confused:

**** sake read. It is a combination of either birth town, position, personality, height, weight, nationality.

Believe me its **** all to do with stats. If so every one touted as would be a wonderkid. Without fail, everyone of them. I find it hard to see how any of youse could say otherwise?

Yup. :thup:

I am just making the point that the "touted as" has very little to do with attributes.

fair enough, I agree, always saw Paul Ince as more of a defensive/holding midfielder and my guy was very fast, a great dribbler and couldnt tackle.

**** sake read. It is a combination of either birth town, position, personality, height, weight, nationality.

Believe me its **** all to do with stats. If so every one touted as would be a wonderkid. Without fail, everyone of them. I find it hard to see how any of youse could say otherwise?

I'm not saying you are incorrect Toon but I think that attributes do have an effect and position aswell as what you say. Show me a defender that is labelled the next Owen and a striker labelled the next Tony Adams and then it will be bible.

Im not saying that all labelled the next will turn into that particular player but they do have some attribute characteristics of that player.

I'm not saying you are incorrect Toon but I think that attributes do have an effect and position aswell as what you say. Show me a defender that is labelled the next Owen and a striker labelled the next Tony Adams and then it will be bible.

Im not saying that all labelled the next will turn into that particular player but they do have some attribute characteristics of that player.

Read, two posts above. Position is big in it, Attributes are not though.

Erm, i'm pretty sure you never used the word combination at all. You made about five posts saying similar things, that height/weight/birth place/nationality/personality are what matters rather than attributes. The very fact you said this:

"Thats strange JGM, every "touted as" I have had have been from the same place or the surronding places."

Shows that clearly you didn't think it was a combination 5 minutes ago, else you wouldn't have been surprised to find out someone else had a player touted as the next whoever without them sharing the same birth place as said player.

I wasn't even saying you were wrong to be honest. You shouldn't be so sensitive. :thup:

De Rossi - Height: 184cm, Weight: 83kg, Birthplace: Rome, Personality: Born Leader (20 for both determination & influence)

Auriemma - Height 193 cm, Weight: 87kg, Birthplace: Solza ( near Milan), Personality: Fairly ambitious - his determination is 12 so it will never get 20 and to a born leader like De Rossi.

Yes it is one example but I just fail to see it Dean.

I simply cant say it anymore.

It is well known that "touted as" is based on a combination, not necassarily every component of positioning, height, weight, birth town, position, personality it has eff all to do with stats.

Try all you like, Its well bloody known.

I simply cant say it anymore.

It is well known that "touted as" is based on a combination, not necassarily every component of positioning, height, weight, birth town, position, personality it has eff all to do with stats.

Try all you like, Its well bloody known.

Ok fair enouh but based on the OP then only Italy and his position are relevant - then surley every DM from Italy would be labelled the next De Rossi but there is not so there are other forms that differentiate why a player is labelled another , i.e. common factors- such as attributes. (this also could include hidden attributes)

Ok fair enouh but based on the OP then only Italy and his position are relevant - then surley every DM from Italy would be labelled the next De Rossi but there is not so there are other forms that differentiate why a player is labelled another , i.e. common factors- such as attributes. (this also could include hidden attributes)

well i dont know about attributes but ca/pa must come into it, doubt youd get a player with pa50 as the next anyone. maybe they have to a certain ability level to get the tag

well i dont know about attributes but ca/pa must come into it, doubt youd get a player with pa50 as the next anyone. maybe they have to a certain ability level to get the tag

Yeah good point. That may explain alot.

JGM thats an excellent point.

I can safely say though the "touted as" has nothing to do with there current ability i.e the stats displayed on screen. so possibly potential ability is something I and many others are not factoring in.

Very true Nev. Hope you lads werent thinking I was being arguementative or a dick in this thread, Its just I know for a 95%:D fact that touted as is nothing to do with the stats on screen.

Anyway Nev lad happy Fming my friend. :thup:

I can confirm birth place is not attributed to "touted as" etc...

I have MC from Brazil who is touted as the next Baggio.

Opposite sides of the world

thats wierd, how far into the game are you? was just wondering if he is touted as the next version of some brazillian regen that was good

Very true Nev. Hope you lads werent thinking I was being arguementative or a dick in this thread, Its just I know for a 95%:D fact that touted as is nothing to do with the stats on screen.

Anyway Nev lad happy Fming my friend. :thup:

Oh no it seemed you had valid reasons for what you said but I thought there was something else/missing - some sort of abiity filter and after the above post that may be the PA.

Yeah you too, happy Fming Dean! :p

Whose the mancini in his favoured personal?

As said before, and in danger of boring even myself with my own words. Birth town can be involved as it can be any combination of Birth town, position height, weight personality etc etc blah blah read my above posts. I am boring myself with the repetition lol.

He was his manager.

Baggio was also a Striker, this guy is a MC with good attacking stats.

At the risk of contradicting myself Baggio's playing style if he was playing in the modern game would be classed more as an attacking forward rather than a Striker.

On the flip side, how on earth can it be based on stats is he has good attacking midfielder stats, yet the game would recognise Baggio as a striker.

Its well known that what I have said are the main factors in how a player gets "touted as"

I have seen the next Owen in my current save, a kid called Aaron McClean who was slow as ****, terrible composure and basically an abortion to football.

Trust me mate, What i am saying is correct.

I think this is right, i just released a young striker from my liverpool youth side, who is touted as the next Michael Owen, because he is absolute rubbish. Even though he's been released from his contract he is yet to attract any interest from any club.

Archived